The program provides for an interactive process of learning and is concerned with the development of the whole child. The curriculum provides an enriched academic program, the development of self-confidence and self-assurance, cooperative learning skills, community awareness and involvement, leadership skills and the application of these cognitive skills to real life situations.
Woodland Hills Private School offers a warm, caring place for your child to grow, learn and discover. Providing children with opportunity to develop self-reliance, gain pride in their intellectual abilities and unique traits, maximize their creative potential while learning to appreciate the world around them, is our goal.
All our staff members have been specially selected and trained for our program. Preschool – All our preschool teachers are experienced and certified in Early Childhood Education. Elementary – All our kindergarten and elementary teachers are credentialed. Their post university training earned them teaching credentials in both elementary and early childhood education at some of the finest universities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 5|
|Total Students||319 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||28% (CA School Avg.: 41%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Sossi Shanlian|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Baseball, Basketball, Computer Club, Cooking Club, Dance, Flag Football, Gymnastics, Karate, Kickball, Music, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Yoga Baseball, Basketball, Computer Club, Cooking Club, Dance, Flag Football, Gymnastics, Karate, Kickball, Music, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Yoga,|
- W.H.P.S. Provides:
- A caring, loving, and natural environment.
- A real world approach to education.
- A creative and individualized program, which helps each child achieve their goals and enables them to move to the next level with confidence and builds self-esteem.
- Credentialed, proactive and nurturing teachers who are committed to providing the best education.
- A low student/teacher ratio, 22 - 24 students with 2 credentialed teachers in all grades. This helps develop close relationships and trust. Your child won’t be lost in the crowd.
- Placement services for our graduates. We will have conferences with you to assist you and your child in finding the best match for middle school. All our graduates have been accepted into the school of their choice.
W.H.P.S. Is Where:
- Children develop a strong academic foundation.
- State of the Art technology is incorporated into its curriculum utilizing the latest generation of interactive projectors with stylus pen, Mimio tablets and software, and document readers in every classroom as well as laptops and Kindles for our upper grate students.
- Children take part in many community service activities, which helps them to develop into responsible, caring and respectful citizens.
- The regular curriculum always includes classes in science, art, music, physical education, computer, foreign language and barnyard. Specialists teach all these programs.
- The academic school year is 42 weeks long not just 38 weeks, which allows us the time to do many special events and activities.
- We welcome parent involvement in the classrooms and for all our special activities. WHPS also has a very active Parent Association, which supports our school events and provides many additional enrichment activities for the children.
- We are accountable to our families and responsive to parents and their concerns.
- There is a strong Character Values Education program integrated into the curriculum enabling our students to develop into respectful, responsible citizens while also enhancing the development of strong leadership and self-esteem qualities. In addition, WHPS sponsors a Student Council that further enhances its leadership and character-building program.
- Always set high expectations for each student socially, emotionally and academically.
- Always been sensitive to the needs of working parents. A before and after school extended day program is available and WHPS only closes for national holidays. The afternoon extended care program includes a Homework Club and a full program of activities.
- Been accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) for 18 years. We are regularly monitored by this agency, which helps us to maintain a high quality program.
- Been the recipient of the 2007 R.O.S.E. award Recognizing Outstanding Schools in Education.
Profile last updated: 09/18/2013
Woodland Hills Pinecrest Woodland Hills School
Woodland Hills Christian Way School
Early Childhood / Day Cares (Christian)0.3 mi | 36 students | Gr. PK-NS
Woodland Hills Adventure Planet Montessori Learning Center
Montessori School0.3 mi | 23 students | Gr. K-2
Woodland Hills First Step Nursery School
Woodland Hills All About Kids Preschool And Kindergarten
Early Childhood / Day Cares0.4 mi | 27 students | Gr. PK-K