|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||442 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||14% (FL School Avg.: 33%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||52%|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||24 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Government, Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Comparative Governments, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, Human Geography, Latin Vergil, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics, Psychology, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio Art, US History,|
|Average SAT score||1990|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see website for tuition rates which range from $6,950 for 5 fulls days of PK3 - $16,500 for Grade 12. http://www.canterbury-fl.org/tuition|
|% on Financial Aid||32%|
|Admissions Director||Michelle Robinson|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving,
Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming,
Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||53 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Aquarium Club, ArtFest, Band, Battle of the Books, Black and White Photography, Chess Club, Chorus, Dance, Debate Club, Earth Force, Envirothon/Environmental Club, Fencing, French Culture Club, French Honor Society, Gourmet Club, Green Club, Homecoming, Interact Club, Junior Classical League/Latin Honor Society, Junior Thespians, Junior-Senior Prom, Literary Club, Marine Science Outreach, Math League, Model Airplane Club, Model United Nations, Mu Alpha Theta Math Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, OceanBowl, People of Peace (P.O.P.), Prom Committee, Recycling Team, S.A.D.D. Chapter, Science Fair, Scouting, Scuba Venture Club, Sea Camp, Show Choir, Spanish Honor Society, Spell Binders (Spelling Bee), Sports Talk, Student Ambassadors, Student Council - Middle School, Student Council - Upper School, Student-Athlete Leadership, Tampa Bay Envirothon, Tech Theater, Thespian Troupe 4637, Tween Angels (Internet Awareness), YUGA, Yearbook, Yoga Aquarium Club, ArtFest, Band, Chess Club, Chorus, Dance, Debate Club, Earth Force, Fencing, Gourmet Club, Green Club, Homecoming, Interact Club, Literary Club, Math League, OceanBowl, Prom Committee, Recycling Team, Science Fair, Scouting, Sea Camp, Show Choir, Sports Talk, Tech Theater, YUGA, Yearbook, Yoga, Battle of the Books,
Black and White Photography,
French Culture Club,
French Honor Society,
Junior Classical League/Latin Honor Society,
Marine Science Outreach,
Model Airplane Club,
Model United Nations,
Mu Alpha Theta Math Honor Society,
National Honor Society,
National Junior Honor Society,
People of Peace (P.O.P.),
Scuba Venture Club,
Spanish Honor Society,
Spell Binders (Spelling Bee),
Student Council - Middle School,
Student Council - Upper School,
Tampa Bay Envirothon,
Thespian Troupe 4637,
Tween Angels (Internet Awareness),
- February 2012 - Canterbury was named the first and only school in the WORLD to be a Cousteau Divers partner school, based on its premier Marine Studies program and curriculum.
- The Class of 2012 earned over $3.1 million dollars in merit scholarships, and 33% of the class were recruited to play NCAA collegiate athletics.
- For third time in 10 years, Canterbury won the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) Fred Rozell Sportsmanship Award for outstanding sportsmanship among the school's athletes, coaches, parents and students.
- In 2011-2012, FHSAA ranked Canterbury #1 OVERALL for athletics in Division 2A.
- In 2011 the softball team won State Championship. Softball team ranks 10th in the nation. Also in 2011, baseball, girls' basketball, girls' swimming, softball and volleyball teams all place among the Top 10 all-academic teams in the state.
- In 2010 violin lessons become part of the music curriculum at the Lower School for grades 3 and 4.
- Both Spanish and Mandarin Chinese are required for all students in PK3 - Grade 6.
- The school has an unparallelled Character Education program. Canterbury students speak for themselves.
- Students in Grades 3,4 and 6 receive an iPad loaded with digital textbooks as well as educational and study apps for use in class and at home.
Profile last updated: 09/04/2012
Saint Petersburg St. Pete Prep Learning Center
Saint Petersburg Riviera Day School
Early Childhood / Day Cares (Methodist)0.7 mi | 108 students | Gr. PK-K
Saint Petersburg Shorecrest Preparatory School
Saint Petersburg Holy Family Catholic School
(Roman Catholic)1.2 mi | 252 students | Gr. NS-8
Saint Petersburg Lutheran Church Of The Cross Day School
(Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA))1.8 mi | 381 students | Gr. K-9
- April 09, 2012 - At Canterbury my daughter is overcoming her shyness, excelling in math, and learning to be the best version of herself. We are so fortunate to have found a school community that is incredibly accepting of who she is, but refuses to accept less than her best. - Posted by Parent
- April 09, 2012 - We looked at many private schools and were most impressed with the atmosphere at Canterbury. We enrolled our daughter and have found an academically rich environment that is integrated with enrichment programs. In addition, the focus on character building creates an atmosphere where good behavior is the norm. We made the right choice; our daughter is very happy. - Posted by Parent