- Shore Country Day School's dynamic PK-9 curriculum melds traditional skills with integrated learning, discussion-based styles, big concept inquiry, individual focus, and hands-on explorations in the Innovation Lab for all ages.
- Our Community Code articulates personal expectations for everyone in the school community. Faculty members are committed to teaching students to become critical thinkers who possess self-confidence and personal integrity.
- We encourage students to find strength in diversity, appreciate differences of opinion, and recognize the necessity for mutual respect among all individuals. Attracting 425 capable and motivated students seeking challenge in their academic experience and the complement of robust arts and athletics, families commute or bus to Shore from across the North Shore.
- Shore's superb facilities are conveniently located on 17 acres, 1 minute from Route 128, in Beverly. Special features include Shore's Center for Creativity with its studios, practice rooms, kiln room, Innovation Lab, gallery space, and state-of-the-art 375 seat theater.
- Five-day/week PE classes, 2 gyms, 6 fields and excellent interscholastic teams emphasize physical health, sports and team work.
- Under faculty mentors, middle school students initiate Independent Studies for the exploration of developing passions.
- Clubs and Math Team expand interests.
- Day and overnight field trips energize classroom learning.
- Service projects and the social "house" system engage the full community in activities, celebration, and weekly meetings.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Total Students||434 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(solid color collared shirts and twill pants or skirts)
Finances and Admission
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$12,000|
National avg.: 85%
- Joyous school environment
- Community Code articulates community expectations for all
- Engrossing integrated curriculum projects at all grade levels
- Opportunities for Independent Study in Grades 6 to 8
- Physical Education or sports 4 to 5 times weekly
- Grade 9 program offers superior preparation for srcondary school experience
Profile last updated: 08/17/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BeverlyGrades: K-8 | 219 students
74 Hart St
Beverly, MA 01915
AndoverGrades: PK-9 | 438 students
34 Sunset Rock Road
Andover, MA 01810
ManchesterGrades: PK-8 | 374 students
One Brookwood Road
Manchester, MA 01944
BeverlyGrades: 6-12 | 150 students
35 Standley Street
Beverly, MA 01915
BronxGrades: 6-8 | 377 students
3901 Fieldston Rd
Bronx, NY 10471