Grades: NS-8 | 141 students
Spring Hill School is a respectful and innovative independent school believing in the intellect and potential of each of our children.
At the heart of our school is a hands-on, global education that fosters joyful learning and stimulates passionate engagement, elaborate thinking, creating, making, and inventing. This is a place where our children can ask questions, wonder, explore, receive individual as well as team guidance as they master their academic skills and thrive while gaining a deep understanding of subject matters.
Spring Hill School provides an authentic Montessori classroom in Toddler through Kindergarten programs, and as students move up to the Elementary and Middle School from the Montessori foundation, they advance to a project and research-based, integrated program with a focus on design-thinking and STEAM (science, technology, arts, math) to prepare them to meet the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||141 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(No super hero or television characters)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,725|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges for Toddler, Prekindergarten, and Kindergarten with 4-5 day full and half day programs. Full tuition for grades 1-8 is $14,725 annually.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Alia Long|
- We support and nurture each child`s brilliance and unique gifts by encouraging each to reach his or her potential with joy, confidence, new perspectives and a sense of self.
- We model academic excellence through an individualized curriculum focusing on intellectual curiosity and creativity.
- We are committed to providing a school fully integrated with nature through a hands-on approach to sustainability including gardening and recycling programs, and a natural playground where children can climb trees and build forts.
- We provide an environment where children learn experientially, exploring, discovering and developing life skills, self-discipline, resilience, and leadership competency.
- We foster personal connections and the value of teamwork with an emphasis on a socially diverse community based on integrity and respectful engagement amongst all.
- We cultivate flexibility and adaptability through an exploration of foreign languages, science and technology, and global cultures in this rapidly changing environment.
- Fall 2017 will mark the schools expansion to include a middle school program, grades 6-8.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Santa RosaGrades: PK-8 | 90 students
1569 Brush Creek Rd
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
Santa RosaGrades: K-9 | 37 students
431 Humboldt St
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
Santa RosaGrades: PK-12 | 423 students
655 Willowside Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
PenngroveGrades: NS-K | 25 students
11201 Main St. Po Box 159
Penngrove, CA 94951