Grades: PK-8 | 289 students
- St. Margaret of Cortona School is a Middle States Accredited Catholic Elementary School located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx.
- The primary purpose of St. Margaret of Cortona School is to offer each child the spiritual, intellectual, personal and social foundation through which he/she will be able to lead a productive and fulfilling Christian life.
- Our academic standards reflect a Christocentric philosophy where the Gospel is nurtured through a unified effort of parents, teachers and the total school community.
- The students reflect our goals as they move beyond the classroom to celebrate and extend Christ?s message to the Christian community.
- Our school accomplishes these goals through its policies and procedures and through a unified curriculum, which utilizes varied approaches that attempt to meet the needs of each student while enhancing his/her individual abilities.
- St. Margaret of Cortona School makes a commitment to each student and each family that we will work together to enhance every child?s academic experience.
- Our teacher?s, faculty and staff are dedicated to recognizing every student?s individual talents and to work with families to make certain that all of our students succeed to the best of their abilities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||289 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BronxGrades: PK-8 | 422 students
2872 Saint Theresa Ave
Bronx, NY 10461
BronxGrades: PK-8 | 297 students
2865 Claflin Ave
Bronx, NY 10468
New YorkGrades: PK-8 | 333 students
3335 Country Club Rd
New York, NY 10465
BronxGrades: PK-8 | 311 students
1016 Edison Ave
Bronx, NY 10465
BronxGrades: K-9 | 202 students
171 W 239th St
Bronx, NY 10463
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.