Grades: 6-12 | 71 students
Student elective opportunities range from playing at internationally known music venues to participation in an award winning film program.
STAR Prep Academy is an extraordinary gifted and talented private school for middle & high school students who seek an individualized approach to learning.
STAR Prep Academy's innovative approach to engaging and inspiring children, encourages children to be active participants in their own learning, as well as nurturing analytical thinking along with college-style courses, project based learning and interdisciplinary study.
STAR Prep Academy is located in the heart of Beverlywood.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP English, AP Psychology,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,500|
|Tuition Notes||STAR Prep Academy provides significant scholarship awards and financial assistance.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$9,000|
|Admissions Director||Zahir Robb|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||ECO Club, Leadership, Gaming Club, Ballroom Dancing Club ECO Club, Leadership, Gaming Club, Ballroom Dancing Club,
- STAR Prep Academy students exhibit strengths in a variety of areas. Our broad elective options attract students who are talented in the areas of performance or fine arts, while our college prepratory curriculum is based on apllication over rote memorization.
- The background of our students is also extremely diverse. We have several students who enroll directly from a home school environment because our supportive, small learning community is a perfect transition for students who have not attended a traditional school setting. In addition, several students have enrolled from other small private schools and find our design comfortable and familiar. Finally, many of our students come from large public schools that have not addressed their needs and are inspired by STAR Prep's structure to assist them in their learning.
- What results in these factors is a student body that represents multiple walks of life as well as reflecting the composition of the surrounding communities. STAR Prep believes that this diversity enriches the entire student body and creates an atmosphere that helps to prepare its students for success in the real world. Some of the factors that make STAR Prep Academy unique are: 10:1 maximum class size Connection to STAR Education Professionals Eco Internships and Vetrinary Science opportunities with the onsite STAR Eco Station Technology throughout the curriculum Project-based, thematic learning Hands-on learning and real-life application Real-world experiences Consistent family communication Individualized academic support Safe, nurturing environment Acceleration opportunities State-of-the-art music recording studio Innovative creative arts program Diverse elective and physical education classes
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 724 students
12201 Washington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Santa MonicaGrades: K-12 | 1159 students
1714 21st St
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Los AngelesGrades: 7-12 | 550 students
11350 Palms Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 995 students
100 South Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Culver CityGrades: NS-8 | 345 students
8780 National Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232
|5.0 Stars 02/24/16|
I couldn't be happier with my experience at STAR Prep Academy. The school has been very supportive of my child and family. Middle school is always a difficult time, but I felt that STAR did a great job of helping my child and he is now thriving in the high school.
- Posted by Parent - afinn
|5.0 Stars 08/10/13|
STAR Prep Academy is like no other school that I have come across in my many years of experience as an educator in public, private and charter environments. This school truly makes a difference in the lives of the students it works with. This school is not for everyone, but for those who are a good fit, it can mean the world.
- Posted by Administrator - zahir
October 25, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.