Grades: 8-12 | 59 students
- Daytop provides services for those who seek help with life's problems compounded by substance abuse.
- Over 100,000 individuals have reclaimed their lives with assistance of the program.
- Daytop is based on the therapeutic community (TC) concept: a highly structured, family environment where positive peer interaction is emphasized.
- Separate and individualized programs are available for adolescents, adults, and all family members.
- The staff consists of professionals in the fields of psychology, social work, medicine and education, as well as Daytop graduates who have gone through intensive training and certification in counseling.
- Daytop Inc. of New York is committed to addressing the substance abuse and life problems of adolescents and adults.
- Daytop contends that people are the captains of their own destiny and only they can do it, but they cannot do it alone.
- Positive peer interaction is emphasized in a highly structured familial environment known as a Therapeutic Community.
- Within this milieu Daytop offers an integrated holistic treatment regime, which is multi-disciplinary in nature.
- Daytop is committed to returning clients to society as productive, responsible and drug-free citizens.
- Treatment is provided to all clients without discrimination, including those without adequate financial resources.
- At all times the dignity, rights and needs of each client are preserved and respected thus reducing the stigma of persons served.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||59 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: NS-12 | 765 students
1026 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10028
New YorkGrades: 9-12 | 232 students
44 East 68th Street
New York, NY 10065
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 610 students
433 W End Ave
New York, NY 10024
New YorkGrades: 6-12 | 350 students
40 West 68th Street
New York, NY 10023
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 374 students
85 Bennett Ave 93
New York, NY 10033
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.