Let Ricks Center for Gifted Children know that you are interested in learning about their school. Provide your information below to request this school's viewbook and application. Your request will typically be processed within 24 hours. If you have more specific questions for this school, please use our Email Schools form instead.
Notes for Prospective Students
- Complete the Application for Enrollment, Parent Questionnaire, and Developmental Information Form in detail.
- Parents of students applying for Primary and Upper School classes (kindergarten through eighth grade) must have their child assessed to determine his or her educational needs.
- The assessment must include: An individual test of intelligence (Wechsler Intelligence Scales) An individual test of achievement (Kaufman Test of Educational Achievement is preferable, Woodcock Johnson with completed subtests is acceptable.) 3.
- Parents of students applying for Primary and Upper School classes (first grade through eighth grade) must submit samples of student work, school transcript or report card, and a letter of recommendation from a teacher.
- 4. Submit the completed Application for Enrollment, Parent Questionnaire and Developmental Information, professional report of assessment information (students in Primary, and Upper School only), current school information (students in Primary and Upper School only), and application fee to: Dr. Norma Lu Hafenstein, Director Ricks Center for Gifted Children University of Denver 2040 South York Street Denver, CO 80208 Early Childhood applicants will take part in an informal activity based assessment.
- A second visit may be requested. Primary and Upper School students being considered for enrollment may be asked to attend an interactive session with Ricks Center teachers.
- Primary visits are scheduled for the last week of February. Upper School visits are scheduled as needed.
- The school office will contact parents to make appointments if attendance is requested.