Ricks Center for Gifted Children
5.00 (1 review)
- Ricks Center for Gifted Children at the University of Denver is an exemplary program designed for gifted children. We provide nationally recognized gifted education to approximately 225 students ranging from ages three years old through eighth grade, who demonstrate exceptional, differentiated abilities and learning needs. Our mission is to provide a dynamic and challenging educational environment that anticipates and responds to the individual, intellectual, social, emotional, physical, aesthetic, and cognitive needs of gifted children..
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||236 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 29 / Feb. 7 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges based on the level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Amy Jacobs|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Gifted children can be curious and easily bored, considerate and demanding, quick to understand and quick to judge, persistent and perfectionistic, independent and isolated. Those facets are what we consider while designing rigorous and engaging curriculum for our students from preschool through middle school. Our goals are to challenge students, to allow them to explore content, ideas, and passions, and to prepare them to be successful when they leave Ricks.
- Low student to teacher ratio which allows teachers to focus on strategies specifically designed to meet the learning needs of their students
- Curriculum designed around the whole child, taking into account affective and academic needs
- Curriculum that is thematic and integrated across content areas through overarching themes and concepts
- Class work based upon national standards, and is differentiated to reflect student abilities and interests
- Time for exploration is regularly scheduled; passion pursuits are integral at all levels
- Located on the University of Denver campus
- People that viewed Ricks Center for Gifted Children also viewed these schools: The Denver Waldorf School.
Ricks is wonderful school. The teachers approach and curriculum is outstanding. I can't imagine a better environment for our kid.
- Posted by Parent - hullb
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.