Ricks Center for Gifted Children
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Enrollment: 218 students
- Yearly Tuition: $23,365
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 21 / Jan. 14 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
LEARNING BEGINS AT THE EDGE We push ourselves outside the comfort zone. We work through the struggles and never give up. We cherish moments of success - big or small - they all matter.
ENJOY THE JOURNEY We are curious explorers, cherishing childhood joy. We have fun and laugh, but also allow ourselves to cry. We appreciate every bend in the road and discovery we make along the way.
MAKE YOUR MARK We are innovators - eliminating boundaries and resolving challenges. We ask tough questions and bring new ideas. We leave a lasting impression, and make Ricks, and the world, a better place.
EMBRACE YOUR INNER QUIRKINESS We believe the things that make us unique also make us interesting. We don't conform or sacrifice individuality. We maintain open minds and hearts, encouraging everyone to be themselves, while respecting the uniqueness of others.
Gifted children can be curious and easily bored, considerate and demanding, quick to understand and quick to judge, persistent and perfectionistic, independent and isolated. Those facets are what we consider while designing rigorous and engaging curriculum for our students from preschool through middle school. Our goals are to challenge students, to allow them to explore content, ideas, and passions, and to prepare them to be successful when they leave Ricks.
- Low student to teacher ratio which allows teachers to focus on strategies specifically designed to meet the learning needs of their students
- Curriculum designed around the whole child, taking into account affective and academic needs
- Curriculum that is thematic and integrated across content areas through overarching themes and concepts
- Class work based upon national standards, and is differentiated to reflect student abilities and interests
- Time for exploration is regularly scheduled; passion pursuits are integral at all levels
- Located on the University of Denver campus
TOGETHER, WE ARE BETTER We elevate one another's thinking, talents and spirits. We make this a safe place to try and a safe place to fail. We lift one another up and are thankful to have found one another. Together, we are Ricks.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Ricks Center for Gifted Children cost?
Ricks Center for Gifted Children's tuition is approximately $23,365 for private students and $375 for summer students.
Does Ricks Center for Gifted Children offer a summer program?
Yes, Ricks Center for Gifted Children offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does Ricks Center for Gifted Children offer?
Ricks Center for Gifted Children offers 4 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Soccer and Volleyball.
When is the application deadline for Ricks Center for Gifted Children?
The application deadline for Ricks Center for Gifted Children is Jan. 21 / Jan. 14 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 21 / Jan. 14 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Ricks Center for Gifted Children. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards