- Denver Academy was founded in 1972 and is internationally recognized for the quality of its program.
- Our mission is to inspire and empower diverse learners through student-centered, differentiated, and transformative education.
- Our students are best described as bright learners with strong intellectual aptitude coupled with a history of learning differences, making it difficult for them to thrive in a traditional school setting.
- Our goal is to help these students realize their academic potential and reverse negative self-concepts acquired in previous learning environments.
- Based on teacher/student relationships, DA provides differentiated instruction. We teach the way each child learns best.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, Non-Traditional Learning Styles|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||756 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Janet Woolley|
|Admissions Associate||Teresa Levin|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Chess Club, Diversity Club, Drama Club, Elementary Sports Program, National Honor Society, Photography, Robotics, Rock Band, Student Senate, Yearbook|
- Denver Academy
- The Way YOU Learn Best
- DENVER ACADEMY CHANGES LIVES. Founded in 1972 on the maxim that students thrive when taught the way they learn best, Denver Academy (DA) is one of the top schools in the nation dedicated to teaching students with diverse learning styles, including dyslexia and ADD. Step on to our spacious campus and you`ll find an exceptional learning environment. The robust curriculum includes challenging academics, technology, multi-faceted arts programs, athletics, character development, and extra-curricular offerings. Hands-on learning, engaging field trips and cultural experiences enrich each student`s education. DA`s innovative approach to teaching is based on the balanced application of classroom management, information processing and academic literacy, and provides an education as distinctive as your child. Small class sizes of 12-14 students facilitate differentiated instruction. Flexible placement in several academic levels within each core subject, including Honors classes, allow faculty to teach to each student`s optimal level. Students excel in their strengths and are equipped to overcome their challenges. Within an environment of high expectations, paired with high levels of accountability and support, we help students realize their full potential. Denver Academy is unique in many ways, including the fact that the school offers rolling admissions. This allows DA to provide the right fit for students not thriving elsewhere and offer enrollment at DA throughout the year.
- Contact our Admissions Team for a one-on-one meeting by appointment or find out about our upcoming open houses here.
- Admissions: 303-777-5161
- Grades: 1 to 12
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 6:1
- Need-based financial aid available.
- Neighborhood: Denver University Hills, 4400 E. Iliff Ave., Denver, CO 80222
- Administration: 303-777-5870
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Englewood Grades: 6-12 | 62 students
2700 S Zuni Street
Englewood, CO 80110
(303)783-0137 4.3 6-12
- Englewood Grades: PK-12 | 34 students
2303 E Dartmouth Ave
Englewood, CO 80113
(303)758-7171 1.6 PK-12
- Denver Grades: 2-12 | 30 students
2160 South Cook Street
Denver, CO 80210
(303)758-2003 0.6 2-12
- Golden Grades: 3-10 | 13 students
2081 Youngfield Street
Golden, CO 80401
(303)730-7691 12.1 3-10
- Denver Grades: PK-12 | 913 students
3800 S Pierce St
Denver, CO 80235
(303)986-1501 7.4 PK-12