Montessori School Of Denver
Montessori School Of Denver Photo #3 - Montessori School of Denver's Middle School Students prepare for a Farm to Table dinner event.
Montessori School Of Denver Photo #5 - Montessori School of Denver's Tree house. Designed by our Middle School students.
Montessori School Of Denver Photo #6 - Montessori School of Denver's Upper Elementary students collaborating.
Montessori School Of Denver Photo #8 - Montessori School of Denver's Primary playground. Open space to run and play.
- Creating lifelong friendships and nurturing individual expression since 1964.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Tuition varies by summer camp program.|
|Total Students||331 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 8 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by program.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tara Gehrke|
|Admissions Associate||Linder Gendron|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Rock ClimbingBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Girls on the Run
Arts and Music Programs:
Poetry Slam Club
- Montessori School of Denver inspires inquisitive, socially conscious and confident students. We are a dynamic educational environment empowering students to use diverse knowledge and experiences to reach their full potential and do good in the world. At our school, students learn to think independently, become effective problem-solvers, and develop a strong sense of self. Our students engage in real life problem solving, from designing an urban garden, to working with architects to build the perfect tree house for our new campus. MSD students consistently demonstrate high levels of academic achievement, compassion, and are truly inspired to make a difference in the world. Come visit and see why we were the first Montessori school in Colorado to be accredited by the American Montessori Society and the Association of Colorado Independent Schools.
- * Learning is experiential, collaborative, and reflective by design.
- * Global education is at the forefront.
- * Social-emotional growth is respected and nurtured.
- * Our community is warm, engaging, and welcoming.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Grades: NS-K | 80 students
8101 E Belleview Ave T-20
Denver, CO 80237
(303)290-8843 4.7 NS-K
- Denver Grades: PK-12 | 994 students
3800 S Pierce St
Denver, CO 80235
(303)986-1501 8.4 PK-12
- Denver Grades: K-8 | 241 students
1005 Yosemite Street
Denver, CO 80230
(303)340-2444 3.4 K-8
- Denver Grades: K-8 | 155 students
2350 Gaylord St.
Denver, CO 80205
(303)322-4209 5.1 K-8
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.