Top Colorado Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 547 top private schools in Colorado, serving 73,348 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,274 for elementary schools and $14,782 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 91% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 23% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
St. Mary's Academy Photo - The St. Mary's Academy Pre-Kindergarten program is based in a specially designed co-ed PK classroom with a dedicated outdoor space. We offer authentic learning opportunities with highly acclaimed teachers who focus on the social-emotional development of students and teach using developmentally appropriate and research-based practices.
Lutheran High School Photo - Lutheran High School - Encouraging academic excellence, Nurturing growth in Christ.
Aspen Country Day School Photo - Country Day enjoys a beautiful forested campus on Castle Creek. Ponds and mountains provide an ideal natural environment for learning in the outdoors. The entire campus was redone and reopened in 2016 with state-of-the-art classroom buildings that inspire learning and foster creativity.
Castle Rock Christian Academy Photo - Castle Rock Christian Academy has been educating the community for over a decade. We have a big campus but small class sizes.
Top Colorado Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 31 Schools3,042 Students39% Minority
- 2 Schools59 Students43% Minority
- 58 Schools11,493 Students22% Minority
- 3 Schools138 Students19% Minority
- 58 Schools5,613 Students13% Minority
- 19 Schools2,811 Students27% Minority
- 4 Schools225 Students10% Minority
- 2 Schools26 Students21% Minority
- 88 Schools15,651 Students33% Minority
- 37 Schools6,556 Students14% Minority
- 5 Schools663 Students11% Minority
- 54 Schools6,482 Students20% Minority
- 2 Schools35 Students28% Minority
- 8 Schools818 Students14% Minority
- 2 Schools74 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools61 Students- Minority
- 71 Schools9,820 Students17% Minority
- 10 Schools698 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students14% Minority
- 32 Schools4,085 Students15% Minority
- 2 Schools44 Students44% Minority
- 12 Schools1,114 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools83 Students17% Minority
- 3 Schools173 Students10% Minority
- 3 Schools135 Students34% Minority
- 2 Schools68 Students35% Minority
- 1 Schools32 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools260 Students4% Minority
- 9 Schools877 Students31% Minority
- 1 Schools12 Students17% Minority
- 2 Schools62 Students13% Minority
- 4 Schools184 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools438 Students16% Minority
- 2 Schools118 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools67 Students9% Minority
- 11 Schools1,240 Students29% Minority
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.