Top Colorado Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 549 top private schools in Colorado, serving 73,130 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,187 for elementary schools and $14,819 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 91% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 23% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
International School of Denver Photo - At ISDenver, your children will transform from students to global citizens. We are a multicultural, multilingual school, welcoming children ages 3 - 8th grade to our inclusive, globally minded community.
The Goddard School Photo - At The Goddard School children discover that learning is fun. This establishes an outlook that will serve them for life!
Steamboat Mountain School Photo - Join our Global Immersion Studies (GIS) program and travel to a different country every year for three weeks. These student spent two weeks working at orphanage for girls in Tanzania, Africa.
Aspen Country Day School Photo - A national-level independent school high in the mountains of Colorado, Aspen Country Day School is a destination for families that seek a solid foundational academic preparation along with that essential ingredient for a lifetime of enthusiastic learning: joy.
Assumption Catholic School Photo - This is the Mary statue that sits out front of the school! There is a wonderful May Crowning where we honor Mary during the month of May!
Sidewalk's End Montessori School Photo - Transferring with chop sticks in the Practical LIfe section of the classroom helps the children learn the use of chop sticks, improves hand-eye coordination and strengthens the hand in preparation for writing.
Top Colorado Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 32 Schools3,122 Students36% Minority
- 2 Schools59 Students43% Minority
- 58 Schools10,714 Students23% Minority
- 3 Schools138 Students19% Minority
- 60 Schools5,770 Students13% Minority
- 18 Schools2,808 Students27% Minority
- 4 Schools225 Students10% Minority
- 2 Schools26 Students21% Minority
- 86 Schools21,042 Students33% Minority
- 36 Schools6,612 Students14% Minority
- 5 Schools793 Students11% Minority
- 54 Schools6,482 Students20% Minority
- 2 Schools35 Students28% Minority
- 8 Schools808 Students14% Minority
- 2 Schools74 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools61 Students- Minority
- 73 Schools10,031 Students18% Minority
- 10 Schools699 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students14% Minority
- 31 Schools4,085 Students15% Minority
- 2 Schools44 Students44% Minority
- 12 Schools1,112 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools83 Students17% Minority
- 3 Schools173 Students10% Minority
- 3 Schools135 Students34% Minority
- 2 Schools68 Students35% Minority
- 1 Schools32 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools260 Students4% Minority
- 9 Schools878 Students31% Minority
- 1 Schools12 Students17% Minority
- 2 Schools62 Students13% Minority
- 4 Schools184 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools438 Students16% Minority
- 2 Schools118 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools67 Students9% Minority
- 11 Schools1,250 Students29% Minority
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.