Top Colorado Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 549 top private schools in Colorado, serving 79,104 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,221 for elementary schools and $14,661 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 90% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 23% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
International School of Denver Photo - At ISDenver, your children will transform from students to global citizens. We are a multicultural, multilingual school, welcoming children ages 3 - 8th grade to our inclusive, globally minded community.
St. Mary's Academy Photo - The St. Mary's Academy Pre-Kindergarten program is based in a specially designed co-ed PK classroom with a dedicated outdoor space. We offer authentic learning opportunities with highly acclaimed teachers who focus on the social-emotional development of students and teach using developmentally appropriate and research-based practices.
Humanex Academy Photo - Humanex provides a wonderful atmosphere were students with special learning needs can grow and thrive.
Boulder Country Day Photo - Welcome to Boulder Country Day School, where academic distinction meets education with character. BCD is a top-rated, accredited independent school in Boulder, Colorado where every child has the opportunity to discover his or her unique excellence. Distinguished by small class sizes, outstanding faculty, challenging curriculum and a focus on community, we strive to create a well-rounded educational environment.
Telluride Mountain School Photo - Telluride Mountain School is an innovative learning community where strong academics, enriching experiences, and meaningful relationships develop confident, curious students who passionately contribute to the world.
Aspen Country Day School Photo - A national-level independent school high in the mountains of Colorado, Aspen Country Day School is a destination for families that seek a solid foundational academic preparation along with that essential ingredient for a lifetime of enthusiastic learning: joy.
Montessori School Of Evergreen Photo - At Montessori School of Evergreen (MSE), we pride ourselves on providing an unparalleled independent primary, elementary and middle school education to our students: dynamic, innovative, and mission-driven, which results in unique outcomes that last a lifetime. A Montessori School of Evergreen education is the advantage that lasts a lifetime.
Top Colorado Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 32 Schools3,122 Students36% Minority
- 2 Schools59 Students43% Minority
- 58 Schools10,714 Students23% Minority
- 3 Schools138 Students19% Minority
- 60 Schools5,770 Students13% Minority
- 18 Schools2,808 Students27% Minority
- 4 Schools225 Students10% Minority
- 2 Schools26 Students21% Minority
- 86 Schools21,042 Students33% Minority
- 36 Schools6,612 Students14% Minority
- 5 Schools793 Students11% Minority
- 54 Schools6,482 Students20% Minority
- 2 Schools35 Students28% Minority
- 8 Schools808 Students14% Minority
- 2 Schools74 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools61 Students- Minority
- 73 Schools10,031 Students18% Minority
- 10 Schools699 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students14% Minority
- 31 Schools4,085 Students15% Minority
- 2 Schools44 Students44% Minority
- 12 Schools1,112 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools83 Students17% Minority
- 3 Schools173 Students10% Minority
- 3 Schools135 Students34% Minority
- 2 Schools68 Students35% Minority
- 1 Schools32 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools260 Students4% Minority
- 9 Schools878 Students31% Minority
- 1 Schools12 Students17% Minority
- 2 Schools62 Students13% Minority
- 4 Schools184 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools438 Students16% Minority
- 2 Schools118 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools67 Students9% Minority
- 11 Schools1,250 Students29% Minority
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
What are the benefits specific to students in attending private school?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.