Top Colorado Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 535 top private schools in Colorado, serving 72,876 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,535 for elementary schools and $14,706 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 90% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 23% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
International School of Denver Photo - At ISDenver, your children will transform from students to global citizens. We are a multicultural, multilingual school, welcoming children ages 3 - 8th grade to our inclusive, globally minded community.
St. Mary's Academy Photo - The St. Mary's Academy Pre-Kindergarten program is based in a specially designed co-ed PK classroom with a dedicated outdoor space. We offer authentic learning opportunities with highly acclaimed teachers who focus on the social-emotional development of students and teach using developmentally appropriate and research-based practices.
Boulder Country Day Photo - BCD students test 2-3 years above the grade equivalent based on our annual standardized testing. BCD graduates typically matriculate into the top Boulder-area private and public high schools and are accepted into challenging IB or AP programs. Modern world language instruction begins in preschool and continues through eighth grade.
Rocky Mountain Christian Academy Photo - RMCA provides classical and Christian education to students in preschool through 8th grade. Our faith-based curriculum gives students an education that surpasses the expectations of every accelerated program in the area. RMCA teachers partner with parents creating a community where Jesus Christ is exalted, parents are honored, students are treasured and teachers are esteemed.
Aspen Country Day School Photo - Children who are 2 1/2 by September 1 of the school year start in PreKindergarten, where three teachers lead a class of 14 students each school day.
Top Colorado Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 31 Schools3,042 Students39% Minority
- 2 Schools42 Students43% Minority
- 58 Schools11,527 Students22% Minority
- 3 Schools138 Students19% Minority
- 58 Schools5,642 Students14% Minority
- 18 Schools2,736 Students28% Minority
- 4 Schools225 Students10% Minority
- 2 Schools26 Students21% Minority
- 88 Schools15,753 Students33% Minority
- 37 Schools6,625 Students14% Minority
- 5 Schools663 Students11% Minority
- 54 Schools6,539 Students20% Minority
- 2 Schools35 Students28% Minority
- 8 Schools822 Students14% Minority
- 2 Schools74 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools61 Students- Minority
- 71 Schools9,825 Students17% Minority
- 10 Schools698 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students14% Minority
- 31 Schools4,050 Students15% Minority
- 2 Schools44 Students44% Minority
- 12 Schools1,110 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools83 Students17% Minority
- 3 Schools173 Students10% Minority
- 3 Schools135 Students34% Minority
- 2 Schools68 Students35% Minority
- 1 Schools32 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools260 Students4% Minority
- 9 Schools877 Students31% Minority
- 1 Schools12 Students17% Minority
- 2 Schools62 Students13% Minority
- 4 Schools184 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools438 Students16% Minority
- 2 Schools86 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools67 Students9% Minority
- 11 Schools1,240 Students29% Minority
Just starting your search for a private school? Not sure where to look? This hub gathers together articles that will provide some answers and guidance.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.