Top Colorado Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 549 top private schools in Colorado, serving 79,104 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,221 for elementary schools and $14,661 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 90% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 23% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Humanex Academy Photo - Humanex provides a wonderful atmosphere were students with special learning needs can grow and thrive.
International School of Denver Photo - At ISDenver, your children will transform from students to global citizens. We are a multicultural, multilingual school, welcoming children ages 3 - 8th grade to our inclusive, globally minded community.
St. Mary's Academy Photo - The St. Mary's Academy Pre-Kindergarten program is based in a specially designed co-ed PK classroom with a dedicated outdoor space. We offer authentic learning opportunities with highly acclaimed teachers who focus on the social-emotional development of students and teach using developmentally appropriate and research-based practices.
Wood Adventist Christian School Photo - Our beautiful grounds and new school building are a great place for students to learn. Visit us and see!
The Logan School for Creative Learning Photo - An Entry Primary Student journaling about her class field trip.
Top Colorado Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 32 Schools3,122 Students36% Minority
- 2 Schools59 Students43% Minority
- 58 Schools10,714 Students23% Minority
- 3 Schools138 Students19% Minority
- 60 Schools5,770 Students13% Minority
- 18 Schools2,808 Students27% Minority
- 4 Schools225 Students10% Minority
- 2 Schools26 Students21% Minority
- 86 Schools21,042 Students33% Minority
- 36 Schools6,612 Students14% Minority
- 5 Schools793 Students11% Minority
- 54 Schools6,482 Students20% Minority
- 2 Schools35 Students28% Minority
- 8 Schools808 Students14% Minority
- 2 Schools74 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools61 Students- Minority
- 73 Schools10,031 Students18% Minority
- 10 Schools699 Students17% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students14% Minority
- 31 Schools4,085 Students15% Minority
- 2 Schools44 Students44% Minority
- 12 Schools1,112 Students19% Minority
- 3 Schools83 Students17% Minority
- 3 Schools173 Students10% Minority
- 3 Schools135 Students34% Minority
- 2 Schools68 Students35% Minority
- 1 Schools32 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools260 Students4% Minority
- 9 Schools878 Students31% Minority
- 1 Schools12 Students17% Minority
- 2 Schools62 Students13% Minority
- 4 Schools184 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools438 Students16% Minority
- 2 Schools118 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools67 Students9% Minority
- 11 Schools1,250 Students29% Minority
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.