- Top Ranked CO School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Students: 529 students
- Yearly Tuition: $29,900
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Dawson School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Colorado for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Robotics Teams, Speech and Debate Team, Student-led Clubs
Arts and Music Programs:
- For over 50 years, Dawson School has been offering students a remarkable educational program combining challenging college-preparatory academics, robust athletics and arts programs, and renowned experiential and outdoor education, along with leadership and character development. It is a unique combination.
- Dawson`s 500+ students are organized into a Lower (K-5), Middle (6-8), and Upper School (9-12). From the 10+ hours per week of technology, art, music, PE, library/media study, and Spanish in the Lower School through the 47 sports teams and 20 arts programs in Middle and Upper school, the depth and breadth of Dawson`s program has led to it regularly being voted best in the region. Dawson has a student:faculty ratio of 7:1, average class sizes of 15, and an athletics program voted 12th in the state across all divisions.
- The 107-acre Dawson campus includes many features: two full gyms, tennis courts, soccer, lacrosse, and baseball fields, a cyclocross course, and a large-scale challenge course; an Arts Center with theater, dance studio, music, and fine arts rooms; a new Dining Commons that is also used for meetings and events; a new Learning Commons a combined modern library and student center that is a popular hub on campus.
- The Dawson Center for Innovation opened in November 2020. This remarkable 25,000 square foot, LEED-certified building is designed as a multi-purpose space to foster leading-edge learning and creating. The space includes science classrooms and labs with special features such as multiple stoves/ovens for food chemistry and special beams designed to hold extra weight for physics experiments. There are maker spaces, design and creation areas equipped with laser and plasma cutters, woodworking and metal working equipment, and 3D and large-scale printers, and flexible space for group learning and events.
- Dawson is also committed to the development of character and to the social-emotional wellbeing of its community. The school actively promotes the exchange of diverse perspectives, and integrates four key virtues respect, compassion, courage, and integrity into every aspect of community life. Leadership opportunities are wide ranging, and students are encouraged to explore new passions, and to find and use their voice.
- Dawson`s college counseling program stresses fit, emphasizing that "college is a match to be made, not a prize to be won." There is a 1:30 ratio of college counselor to students, so each student can receive detailed, individualized guidance. Students go on to a wide ranging selection of schools, including Ivy League, public university, research institutions, private colleges. In addition, each fall, over 150 different colleges and universities travel to Dawson`s campus to meet its upperclassmen, providing students extended, face-to-face time with the people who will ultimately be reading their college application. Dawson has a 100% graduation rate, 100% of its students are accepted to four-year accredited institutions, and over $5 million in scholarships are offered annually to its 60 graduates.
Endorse Dawson School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards