Boulder Country Day
- Welcome to Boulder Country Day School, where academic distinction meets education with character.
- BCD is a top-rated, accredited private school in Boulder, Colorado where every child has the opportunity to discover their own unique excellence. Distinguished by small class sizes, outstanding faculty, engaging academics and a focus on community, our preschool, elementary and IB middle school teachers strive to create a well-rounded educational environment that balances traditional subjects with the arts, world languages, athletics and project-based learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||362 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(collared shirt, khaki pants/shorts, Blackwatch plaid)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,300|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges between $15,500 to $23,300 depending on grade|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Susan Boyle|
|Admissions Associate||Diana Emerson|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After School Program, Chess, Student Council and Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Elementary Running Club, Elementary Soccer
- Boulder Country Day School, where academic distinction meets education with character. BCD is a top rated, accredited PS-8th private school in Boulder, Colorado where every child has the opportunity to discover his or her own unique excellence. Distinguished by small class sizes, outstanding faculty, engaging academics and a focus on community, our preschool, elementary and IB middle school teachers strive to create a well-rounded educational environment that balances traditional subjects with the arts, world languages, athletics and project-based learning.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Boulder Grades: PK-6 | 190 students
3900 Orange Ct
Boulder, CO 80304
(303) 443-0511 4.5 PK-6
BCD is truly exceptional. Everything from the teachers and administrators, to the level of communication, to the parents and families at the school -- every aspect of Boulder Country Day is amazing.I didn't think it was possible to care as much as the teachers and administrators do at BCD. They're thoughtful, kind, compassionate, and smart. There is a strong math, science, reading, and language presence throughout the campus. Our very young daughter can sing in French already!Dropoffs are fun and easy. The hours are great. Super creative afterschool classes - I'm an especially big fan of messy art and cooking! There's a very simple-to-use meal delivery service for lunches. School parties foster the fun side of meeting other parents, weekly assemblies bring everyone together. Switching to BCD was one of the best choices we've made. It affects our lives in a positive way every single day and is a truly a gem in Boulder.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
BCD has been such a great experience for our child! He is thriving in their nurturing, academically rigorous environment. Its a wonderful community and we're glad to be a part of it!
- Posted by Parent - M. EW P.
BCD is a great school filled with kids who love learning, parents who want their children to meet their potential and faculty to see, know and love their students. Our son has loved it. We moved him from Boulder public schools and he had three things to share: he's more challenged which he likes; he gets to participate in class more because the classes are smaller; and he loves his teachers. We were worried about the size but that hasn't been an issue. He's made good friends and he loves it. We couldn't be happier and we''d recommend it without hesitation!
- Posted by Parent - susan