Jarrow Montessori School
- Founded in 1964, Jarrow Montessori School is the oldest Montessori school in Colorado.
- Jarrow is a private, non-profit, co-ed school for children eighteen months through sixth grade.
- The development of concentration, independence, self-discipline and a sense of order and responsibility are prerequisites for success in learning as well as in becoming a citizen of the world.
- The Montessori approach is education for life. Jarrow's goal in using the basic tenets of Montessori is to encourage the development of responsible, caring young people who can direct their own lives, in a conscientious and thoughtful manner, and contribute to making the world a better place for future generations.
- Jarrow's curriculum combines the Montessori method with the best educational practices.
- Students thrive within our child-centered approach and small class sizes of approximately eighteen pupils and two or three teachers per classroom.
- Inspiring teachers provide children with developmentally appropriate opportunities to discover, observe, choose, and exercise responsibility.
- The goal is for each student to be a self-reliant, eager, life-long learner.
- Jarrow graduates are achievers who consistently excel in their environments.
- Jarrow also offers a summer camp and provides after-school programs.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see website/tuition varies according to age.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kathleen McGarry|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Karate, Music, Spanish, Yoga|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Boulder Grades: NS-PK | 105 students
3300 Redstone Road
Boulder, CO 80305
(303)494-5814 5.8 NS-PK
- Boulder Grades: PK-K | 40 students
5524 Baseline Rd
Boulder, CO 80303
(303)494-3100 4.4 PK-K
- Boulder Grades: PK-K | 60 students
3121 29th St
Boulder, CO 80301
(303)449-4499 1.8 PK-K
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.