Boulder Waldorf Kindergarten
5.00 (2 reviews)
Decorating the May Pole! Our entire community comes out to celebrate the return of Lady Spring at this annual festival.
Last day of the school year picnic when the teachers honor each child as we head off to Summer Break!
- The Boulder Waldorf Kindergarten (http://www.boulderwaldorf.com) is an early childhood center serving families and children, ages 12 months to 6 years.
- Located on a beautiful 2 acre urban farm school in North Boulder, Colorado, the environment is carefully prepared to create an atmosphere of inspiration for learning.
- Our expansive play yard is filled with shade and fruit trees, large organic / biodynamic gardens, natural wood climbing structures, old fashioned toys and an authentic tipi.
- Children participate in creative play, help to grow and harvest vegetables, fruit and flowers, and assist in caring for our dairy goats and chickens.
- Our school is in a lovely and spacious, light-filled adobe-style building.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||68 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,000|
|Tuition Notes||The tuition amount shown here is for 5 days/week. We also offer 3 and 4 day options, as well as extended care. Please call for details!|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Seana Grady|
- Serving children ages 12 months to 6 years
- 3, 4 and 5 day 1/2 day programs + After School Care
- Creative play, handwork, painting
- Farm animals, gardening, festivals, games and storytelling
- Summer programs
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- LongmontGrades: PK-12 | 308 students
550 Coffman St
Longmont, CO 80501
- LongmontGrades: NS-8 | 206 students
9447 Niwot Rd
Longmont, CO 80503
- BoulderGrades: PK-8 | 243 students
1317 Mapleton Avenue
Boulder, CO 80304
- BoulderGrades: NS-8 | 348 students
4820 Nautilus Ct N
Boulder, CO 80301
I am so grateful that we found Boulder Waldorf Kindergarten for my three year old son. All the natural elements found throughout the Lavenders classroom are so inviting, warm and comforting like the hand made wooden chairs and tables fit just for a toddler. The wooden blocks, rainbows, trucks, benches, stepstools preserve my son's connection to trees and the things that are made from them. I also love the use of other natural fibers like woolen and felt puppets, babies, and other toys. I love that the learning of each day is organic in a way that it is useful and encompassing more than just letters or concepts. They learn how to make bitty bun bread, soup, and other foods that usually incorporate the school's farm and garden's vegetables, that the children themselves help tend harvest. Children have the rest of their lives to be adults. I love how Boulder Waldorf Kindergarten preserves the enchantment of stories and fantasy. I could go on and on! Lastly, the rhythms and routines that are inherent in this school help our family keep a good routine and rhythm and my son looks forward to each day of school knowing if it is an oatmeal day or a bitty bun day! Can't give enough praise.
- Posted by Parent - yello
I began working at Boulder Waldorf Kindergarten about a month ago. On a daily basis, I am so grateful for the beauty and joy that surround this school. The teachers, the parents and the children are a pleasure! I would highly recommend Boulder Waldorf Kindergarten for anyone who is looking for a nurturing environment that honors and protects the essence of the young child.
- Posted by Administrator - linda
January 23, 2018
Keep yourself on track as you work through the private school admissions process.
January 23, 2018
What is private school really like? Is there any truth to the rumors you keep hearing? Let's find out.
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.