5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (303) 346-3500
Aspen Academy Photo #2 - Students participate in a variety of performing arts at Aspen Academy. Our newly renovated auditorium seats 1000 for theater performances and our bi-weekly student produced variety programs that showcase what students are learning academically and as leaders.
Aspen Academy Photo #3 - What happens when 7th and 8th graders are given a chance to own and operate small businesses on campus? Aspen Academy Middle schoolers learn how to operate, market and finance fully functioning businesses on campus as part of our one-of-a-kind Aspen Entrepreneurial Institute curriculum. Students learn to lifelong skills from financial acumen to collaboration.
Aspen Academy Photo #4 - Aspen Entrepreneurial Institute (AEI) is the only wholly sequence, year-long program in the nation that incorporates economics, personal financial literacy, organizational leadership, and entrepreneurship for K-8 students. Students learn lifelong financial skills that they can take into the world for their personal savings and to contribute to the greater world. Here, students sell wares at the annual Entrepreneurial Expo.
Aspen Academy Photo #5 - Kindergarten literacy in the Aspen Academy designed MODI (Move & Discover) Chairs. Lower school classrooms feature these multi-use chairs that stimulate learning by allowing students to move and discover in numerous ways.
Aspen Academy Photo #6 - Seventh grade students on Bear's Student Enterprises Executive Board holding their monthly meeting.
Aspen Academy Photo #7 - Aspen Academy middle school students elect to take classes including World Peace Games, where they learn skills of collaboration, debate, problem-solving and conflict resolution.
Aspen Academy Photo #8 - Aspen Academy students experience science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM) as part of their education from PreK through 8th Grade. We are committed to all sixth grade students becoming proficient in coding. Here, students engage with projects in our Lower School STEAM lab.
- Aspen Academy in Greenwood Village, Colorado, is a national leader in innovative education.
- Through internationally acclaimed academics and the nation`s first integrated Pre-K through 8th grade leadership and entrepreneurial development program, our students are empowered to lead purposeful and extraordinary lives.
- Small classes are led by exceptional, award-winning faculty who provide a foundation of rich academics and a personalized approach to instruction.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Differentiated Learning, Gifted and Talented|
|Total Students||418 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khakis, Polos, school colors)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kate Shaw|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||29 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Clown College, Cooking Class, DIY Club, EV3 Mindstorm Robotics Session, Girls on the Run, Junior Engineering, Knitting Club, Magic: The Gathering, Minecraft Club, Muralist Club, National Elementary Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Naturalist Club, Spanish Club, Student Civic Organization
Arts and Music Programs:
A Minors/A Majors, Dance Troupe, Improv Theatre Workshop, Kids Ukelele, Theatre Troupe
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Action Athletics, Basketball Basics, Boys Basketball, Cross Country, Girls Basketball, Girls Lacrosse, Girls Volleyball, Ultimate Frisbee, Young Warriors Yoga
- Aspen Academy is a national leader in innovative education. Through internationally acclaimed academics and the nation`s first integrated Pre-K through 8th grade leadership and entrepreneurial development program, our students are empowered to lead purposeful and extraordinary lives.
- Located in Greenwood Village, our 400 pre-k through 8th grade students exemplify our core values: be kind, do good, work hard and make the world better. With a focus on next generation education, character and leadership development, and community strength and service, our small classes are led by exceptional faculty who offer a personalized approach to instruction. Since our inception, we have remained steadfastly focused on developing passionate, lifelong learners who graduate from our school empowered to be confident, curious and innovative.
- Founded in 2005 by three women who wanted to ensure students were not only academically sound, but ready for life, the school is one of the fastest-growing independent schools in the country and has earned the prestigious "Top Scoring School" in 2016 by AdvancED, the largest educational accreditation organization in the United States. At Aspen Academy, teachers strive to provide a whole-child approach to the learning environment one that develops each child`s emotional, intellectual, social and physical being.
- "The foundation that you built in our daughter`s education was invaluable. I know that parents often struggle to see the path that each of us are creating for our children while they are in the middle of it, but looking back, it`s pretty amazing. In addition to excelling in academics, the leadership skills she gained from Aspen are beyond expectations. Thank you for being such a significant part of our daughter`s education. You gave her the tools to shine as her true self now and into the future." - Parent of Aspen Academy Alum
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Littleton Grades: PK-9 | 313 students
341 E. Wildcat Reserve Parkway
Littleton, CO 80126
(303) 346-4523 5.8 PK-9
- Littleton Grades: NS-8 | 122 students
7018 S Prince St
Littleton, CO 80120
(303) 794-6222 3.3 NS-8
As a staff member, I must applaud Aspen Academy for recognizing where curriculums should be. The global age of our economy means our students need to be prepared as leaders. The dedication to leadership development is what puts Aspen ahead of the competition.
- Posted by Administrator - goali
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.