International School of Denver
- The International School of Denver (ISDenver) is a multicultural, multilingual school, welcoming students from age three through eighth grade.
- Our inclusive, globally-minded community develops highly motivated, academically successful, and interculturally adept bilingual learners.
- Our pre-K - fifth-grade students learn both in and through French, Spanish, or Chinese, in programs that are accredited by ministries of education in France and Spain, and by the Hanban in China, and delivered by teachers who are native speakers.
- Our sixth through eighth-grade middle school is an authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) World School implementing the Middle Years Programme, an interdisciplinary, project-based learning program with a focus on global context and impact.
- Our curriculum is enhanced by local and international travel opportunities.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||International Baccalaureate (IB) World School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||716 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||120 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 29 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,750|
|Tuition Notes||For K1-K3; G1-G5 is $17,500; G6-G8 is $19,500|
|Admissions Director||Kristy Okunade|
|Admissions Associate||Katie Kroeger|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||36 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Crafts Club|
Club or Organization:
Ballet Class, Book Club, Chess Club, Choir, Coding Club, Cooking Club, Crochet Club, Debate Club, Destination Imagination, Diversity Club, Drumline, First Lego League, Girls on the Run, gymnastics, International Club, Language Clubs, LEGO Robotics Club, Math Clubs, Math Counts, Music, Photography Club, Radio Station, Recycling Club, STEM Club, Storytelling, Summer Camps, Yearbook Club, Yoga Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance, Drama, Flamenco, Plays and Musicals, Tae Kwon Do
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Club sports, Science Clu
- Here, your children will transform from students to global citizens. We are a multicultural, multilingual school, welcoming children from age three through eighth grade into our inclusive, globally-minded community. Our approach uniquely combines French, Spanish, and Chinese (Mandarin)-immersion education with an interdisciplinary International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme in our sixth through eighth-grade middle school.
- Bilingualism is our foundation. Walk our halls and you will hear students and native-speaking faculty engaged in accredited curricula from France, China, Spain, and the IB. Research shows that bilinguals exhibit higher academic achievement in math, reading, and language usage; greater cognitive function; and are ultimately more effective communicators. Most importantly to us, language acquisition develops more compassionate and empathetic world citizens.
- Multiculturalism reigns and actions speak louder than words. Here, your family is part of a thriving international community. We shine brightest at our school-wide cultural events like our World Tea Fair, International Bash, and Night of the Tales, all of which enrich our learner and families` experiences and celebrate our diversity. We are also the only school in the Denver region that offers 5th-grade learners the opportunity to study abroad, in China, France, or Spain, where they are immersed in the cultures and communities of their target language programs. Our 8th-grade learners also spend 10 days in Costa Rica on an IB capstone service-learning trip each spring. We are proud of our racial, ethnic, cultural, religious, and socioeconomic diversity, all of which make ISDenver a true microcosm of the world. You belong here.
- To learn more and schedule a tour, visit isdenver.org/admissions, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 303-340-3647.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Grades: K-8 | 241 students
1005 Yosemite Street
Denver, CO 80230
(303)340-2444 0.8 K-8
- Denver Grades: PK-12 | 913 students
3800 S Pierce St
Denver, CO 80235
(303)986-1501 10.6 PK-12
- Denver Grades: NS-8 | 331 students
1460 South Holly Street
Denver, CO 80222
(303)756-9441 2.6 NS-8
- Denver Grades: K-8 | 155 students
2350 Gaylord St.
Denver, CO 80205
(303)322-4209 3.7 K-8
- Denver Grades: 1-12 | 756 students
4400 E Iliff Avenue
Denver, CO 80222
(303)777-5161 3.9 1-12
I have two kids enrolled in ISDenver's French program and couldn't be happier. The quality of the education they are provided, along with the emotionally supportive environment are a perfect combination. We have been extremely impressed with all of the school's faculty and other staff. The love and attention my kids receive each day is incredible. We love the language aspect of the school, but the real reason we fell in love with the school was for the genuine international feel of the school community and the diversity we see daily in our kids' classrooms.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of 2 in French Program
The school is very very strong in the Upper grade levels making us wonder whether or not one day there will be a High school. We are happy with the challenge our daughter receives in Math - the teacher pushes her students to achieve the very best she is capable of attaining. The school uses a platform called ManageBac - it is very very good.
- Posted by Parent - DU Academic