International School of Denver
5.00 (1 review)
Each year we host several major events showcasing our unique international school. The World Tea Fair exhibits the teas and cultures of countries around the world and includes treats, drinks, and activities for children.
Our Science Week in the spring includes multiple STEM challenges for students in all grade levels, including the egg drop for our first grade students.
- The International School of Denver (ISD) is a multilingual, multicultural international school in the heart of Denver, welcoming students as young as three years old and continuing through 8th grade.
- Our inclusive, globally minded community develops highly motivated, academically successful and inter-culturally adept bilingual learners.
- ISD students engage purposefully and make positive contributions in a complex world.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||International Baccalaureate (IB) World School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||685 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||115 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 29 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,707|
|Tuition Notes||For Kindergarten-5th; 6th - 8th (Middle Years Programme) is $16,127|
|Admissions Director||Kristy Okunade|
|Admissions Associate||Katie Kroeger|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Crafts Club|
Club or Organization:
Cooking Club, International Club, Language Clubs, LEGO Robotics Club, Math Clubs, Math Counts, Music, Photography Club, STEM Club, Summer Camps, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance, Drama, Tae Kwon Do
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Club sports, Science Clu
- The International School of Denver (ISD) is a multilingual,
multicultural international school in the heart of Denver,
welcoming students as young as three years old and continuing
through 8th grade. Our inclusive, globally minded community
develops highly motivated, academically successful and
inter-culturally adept bilingual learners. ISD students engage
purposefully and make positive contributions in a complex
- At ISD we implement a broad, balanced curriculum in all subject
areas (math, science, language, social studies, technology) through
at least two languages. ISD focuses on the benefits of the
bilingual brain, by taking advantage of the narrow window in which
children are best able to learn a second language. Our pre-K 5th
grade students learn both in and through either French, Spanish or
Mandarin, in programs taught by native speakers that are accredited
by ministries of education in France and Spain and by Hanban in
China. Our 6th-8th grade Middle School is an authorized
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School implementing the
Middle Years Program (MYP), an interdisciplinary, project based
learning program with a focus on global context and impact. All
curricula meet the Colorado state standards, and are reinforced by
both local and international travel opportunities.
- We are currently in our rolling admissions cycle. To learn more and schedule a tour, visit isdenver.org/admissions or call 303-340-3647 and ask to speak to our Director of Admissions, Kristy Okunade.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- DenverGrades: K-8 | 241 students
1005 Yosemite Street
Denver, CO 80230
- DenverGrades: K-8 | 139 students
2350 Gaylord St.
Denver, CO 80205
- DenverGrades: NS-8 | 329 students
1460 South Holly Street
Denver, CO 80222
- DenverGrades: PK-12 | 913 students
3800 S Pierce St
Denver, CO 80235
- BroomfieldGrades: PK-8 | 19 students
7205 West 120th Avenue
Broomfield, CO 80020
The school is very very strong in the Upper grade levels making us wonder whether or not one day there will be a High school. We are happy with the challenge our daughter receives in Math - the teacher pushes her students to achieve the very best she is capable of attaining. The school uses a platform called ManageBac - it is very very good.
- Posted by Parent - DU Academic
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.