Stanley British Primary School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (303) 360-0803
- Our British Primary philosophy promotes the simple notion that when students enjoy what they`re doing and take an active role in their education, learning becomes a joy and a lifelong endeavor.
- We carefully blend an academic program for K-8 students that is grounded in fundamental skills with an attention to each child`s social and emotional development.
- Academics at Stanley are built upon our 7 Goals for Learners: Self-Awareness, Collaboration, Respect, Curiosity, Perseverance, Academic Resourcefulness and Lifelong Learning.
- Cursive Isn’t Dead Yet. Not if Denver’s Stanley British Primary Has Anything To Say About It - 06/01/2017 - "Every time I pick up a pen, I begin to think about all the reasons I love cursive," Liam reads from his award-winning essay. "One example is, at times, cursive ...morecan be an excellent example of self-expression..." hide
- Woman who marched with MLK visits Denver [Stanley British Primary School] - 01/13/2017 - Stanley celebrated the life and legacy of Martin Luther King Jr., last week in a series of events to help our kids understand the importance of "The March Goes On: ...moreMaking a Positive Difference in the World." Not only did our community get to screen the movie "Selma," experience the first-hand account of Ms. Lowery and sing some galvanizing traditional songs last week, more than 50 Stanley parents and students also marched in the Marade on Monday one of the largest MLK Day commemorative marches in the United States. hide
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||458 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||30 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,000|
|Tuition Notes||Financial assistance program available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Sara Stern|
|Endowment Size||$8 million|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Enrichments Program, Gay-Straight Alliance, Students of Color Alliance
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- We welcome you to visit Stanley British Primary School, a progressive, independent school serving children from kindergarten through 8th grade.
- We are a private institution with a public purpose focused on developing children who love to learn and who are prepared to make a positive difference in the world.
- At Stanley, your child`s education goes well beyond academics our teachers and our instruction principles give your children the opportunity to reach their full potential academically, creatively, socially, emotionally and physically.
- We believe that when you embrace the whole child - all aspects of who they are as a person - the child is better able to learn and to flourish.
- We have a fundamental commitment to diversity at all levels within our school from staff recruitment and retention to board leadership and we continue to strive to ensure Stanley is a true reflection of our community.
- Follow us on Instagram to learn more about British Primary Philosophy and what`s happening in the classroom and on campus: https://www.instagram.com/stanleybritishprimaryschool/
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Grades: NS-8 | 699 students
55 Clermont St
Denver, CO 80220
(303) 399-8361 1.8 NS-8
- Denver Grades: K-8 | 241 students
1005 Yosemite Street
Denver, CO 80230
(303) 340-2444 1 K-8
- Denver Grades: K-12 | 43 students
2160 South Cook Street
Denver, CO 80210
(303) 758-2003 4 K-12
- Denver Grades: PK-12 | 58 students
5900 E Yale Ave
Denver, CO 80222
(303) 758-5900 4 PK-12
I have 2 very different children, both attending Stanley and I can't tell you how much I appreciate and value their experiences there. Stanley grows children in their academics, resourcefulness, critical thinking skills, creativity, social responsibility, and world awareness. Absolutely amazing school.
- Posted by Parent - Emily
Two of our kids attended Stanley K-8. They are two very different kids, but navigated a big urban high school with so many assets honed at Stanley: Self-advocacy, independence, ability to collaborate. Great experience with teachers that really care!
- Posted by Parent - swt400
I am a student and it is an AWESOME school
- Posted by
Stanley is a special school with lots to offer students!
- Posted by Parent - Harry
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?