Stanley British Primary School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Our British Primary philosophy promotes the simple notion that when students enjoy what they`re doing and take an active role in their education, learning becomes a joy and a lifelong endeavor.
- We carefully blend an academic program for K-8 students that is grounded in fundamental skills with an attention to each child`s social and emotional development.
- Academics at Stanley are built upon our 7 Goals for Learners: Self-Awareness, Collaboration, Respect, Curiosity, Perseverance, Academic Resourcefulness and Lifelong Learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||458 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||30 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,000|
|Tuition Notes||Financial assistance program available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Sara Stern|
|Endowment Size||$8 million|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Enrichments Program, Gay-Straight Alliance, Students of Color Alliance
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- We welcome you to visit Stanley British Primary School, a progressive, independent school serving children from kindergarten through 8th grade.
- We are a private institution with a public purpose focused on developing children who love to learn and who are prepared to make a positive difference in the world.
- At Stanley, your child`s education goes well beyond academics our teachers and our instruction principles give your children the opportunity to reach their full potential academically, creatively, socially, emotionally and physically.
- We believe that when you embrace the whole child - all aspects of who they are as a person - the child is better able to learn and to flourish.
- We have a fundamental commitment to diversity at all levels within our school from staff recruitment and retention to board leadership and we continue to strive to ensure Stanley is a true reflection of our community.
- Follow us on Instagram to learn more about British Primary Philosophy and what`s happening in the classroom and on campus: https://www.instagram.com/stanleybritishprimaryschool/
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Grades: NS-8 | 699 students
55 Clermont St
Denver, CO 80220
(303)399-8361 1.8 NS-8
- Denver Grades: K-8 | 241 students
1005 Yosemite Street
Denver, CO 80230
(303)340-2444 1 K-8
- Denver Grades: 2-12 | 30 students
2160 South Cook Street
Denver, CO 80210
(303)758-2003 4 2-12
- Denver Grades: PK-12 | 58 students
5900 E Yale Ave
Denver, CO 80222
(303)758-5900 4 PK-12
I have 2 very different children, both attending Stanley and I can't tell you how much I appreciate and value their experiences there. Stanley grows children in their academics, resourcefulness, critical thinking skills, creativity, social responsibility, and world awareness. Absolutely amazing school.
- Posted by Parent - Emily
Two of our kids attended Stanley K-8. They are two very different kids, but navigated a big urban high school with so many assets honed at Stanley: Self-advocacy, independence, ability to collaborate. Great experience with teachers that really care!
- Posted by Parent - swt400
I am a student and it is an AWESOME school
- Posted by
Stanley is a special school with lots to offer students!
- Posted by Parent - Harry
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.