Colorado International School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (303) 282-6666
- Established in 2005, IB World Schoil Colorado International School is the first and only accredited (AdvancED) international immersion (Mandarin, French, German, Spanish) school in Denver, Colorado and the Rocky Mountain Region. Colorado International School is a private non-profi international school born out of the experiences of many families who seek an innovative way to educate their children in a multinational and multilingual school environment which integrates the national curriculam of diverse countries under the curricular framework of the International Baccalaureate's Primary Years Programme (IB PYP).
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,000|
|Tuition Notes||Colorado International School offers two-year and one-year contracts. A two-year contract is noncomprehensive (no daily lunch or transportation) and costs $12,000/year. A one-year contract costs $15,000/year (noncomprehensive) and $18,000/year (comprhen|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Badminton, Fencing, Rock Climbing, Soccer, SwimmingArchery, Badminton,|
Fencing, Rock Climbing,
- Colorado International School (K-8th Grade) is also approved to enroll international students who study in the U.S. under F1 visas with the Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Grades: K-8 | 241 students
1005 Yosemite Street
Denver, CO 80230
(303) 340-2444 16.2 K-8
- Denver Grades: PK-12 | 58 students
5900 E Yale Ave
Denver, CO 80222
(303) 758-5900 19 PK-12
I went to the open house today: Spacious new location! My child attended middle school at CoIS. He enjoyed fabulous teachers from all over the world. The academics were personalized, accelerated, creative and rigorous--and he can speak Mandarin and French. The cultural activities, field trips and guest speakers were such a surprise: He met consulates, professors and professionals from all over the world. The sports were next-level. For example, the students regularly attended rock climbing at a rock climbing gym and archery at an archery range! One of my favorite features was the bully-free environment where teachers had the luxury of teaching without interruption. -- tree oh tree, nine one ate, five won ate too.
- Posted by Parent - Snow
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.