- Graland Country Day School is a private school in Denver, Colorado, serving students in preschool, kindergarten, elementary, and middle school.
- Graland incorporates a rich, experiential learning approach in a traditional classroom setting, emphasizing the development of globally and socially conscious leaders who excel academically.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||668 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||120 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool (Ages 3-4): Half Day: $10,640 Full Day: $17,940 Pre-Kindergarten (Ages 4-5): $17,940 Lower School (Grades K-4): $21,560 Middle School (Grades 5-8): $23,920|
|Admissions Director||Kristin Ryder|
|Admissions Associate||Kieffer Williams|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Green Club, Math Club, Parent/Student Book Club, Robotics, Service Club, Student Council Green Club, Math Club, Robotics, Service Club, Parent/Student Book Club,
- Our mission is to achieve intellectual excellence, build strong character, enrich learning through the arts and athletics, and prepare our students to be engaged citizens and thoughtful leaders.
- Achievement: At Graland, achievement is not just about being number one. It`s about doing your personal best. We make it a point to acknowledge effort as well as success and reinforce the concept that it`s okay to try, and okay to fail. The important takeaway is the lesson learned through the effort (which often leads to future success). We believe skills like perseverance are highly valued in the 21st century.
- Diversity: Graland`s commitment to diversity and inclusivity seeks to support our entire community of adults and students, as well as foster students of strong character. Our diverse community is one that embraces and celebrates the rich and unique qualities of each individual, characteristics that may include differences of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age, ability, and religion.
- History: Graland`s rich history began in 1924 when concerned parents and teachers came together to create a school different from others of the era. As it was then, Graland`s focus today is on the whole child and on the development of a well-balanced individual of strong character who excels intellectually, athletically and creatively.
- Facilities: Graland`s campus and facilities are impressive among independent schools in metro Denver and the latest addition, Fall 2016, is an innovative science, library, technology and learning center. Our seven-acre campus includes 2.5 acres of play space and sports fields plus two playgrounds. Art studios, music rooms, drama studios, performing arts theater, digital media studio, full-service kitchen and dining hall, a 32,000-square-foot gym, and a climbing wall ensure we can offer a well-rounded program for today's students.
- Tuition and Financial Aid: To make certain all Graland students can fully participate in our program, tuition includes the cost of school supplies, lunch, snacks, trips, technology, sports equipment and other program-related expenses. Through a robust tuition assistance program and thoughtful inclusivity efforts, we are committed to ensuring that everyone in our community can have the opportunity to be part of the Graland experience.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
DenverGrades: K-8 | 441 students
350 Quebec Street
Denver, CO 80230
DenverGrades: NS-12 | 363 students
2100 S. Pennsylvania St.
Denver, CO 80210
2160 South Cook Street
Denver, CO 80210
DenverGrades: PK-8 | 22 students
4100 E Iliff Ave
Denver, CO 80222