Graland Country Day School
Graland Country Day School Photo #2 - World-class teachers stay at the top of their game through professional growth opportunities and continuing education. Graland knows that teachers who love what they do can inspire children to go further.
Graland Country Day School Photo #3 - With its campus in the heart of Denver, Graland students enjoy enriched learning at museums, historical sites, and urban areas like the Cherry Creek Trail. Getting outside the classroom brings the learning to new levels!
Graland Country Day School Photo #4 - A great school is surrounded by a supportive, engaged community. Graland's commitment to inclusivity means all families are welcome and embraced. Our parent body is especially active in planning community-building events that help families connect.
Graland Country Day School Photo #5 - At Graland, we value character education as much as academic growth. Kindness, respect for others' differences, and inclusivity are a few of the key values that guide our program.
Graland Country Day School Photo #6 - Innovation is central to a Graland education. Students as young as kindergarten practice the six innovation skills that can take them all the way to a US patent through our Gates Invention and Innovation Program.
Graland Country Day School Photo #7 - Graland trips are legendary! Day trips and overnight trips to the Colorado Rocky Mountains are just the start; by eighth grade, students are exploring the southern states for an enriched experience with the Civil Rights movement.
Graland Country Day School Photo #8 - Developing bodies and minds, Graland's athletics program includes a wide variety of team and individual pursuits such as soccer, golf, tennis, volleyball, basketball, and cross country running, just to name a few. In additional to skills development, sportsmanship and leadership are celebrated.
Graland Country Day School Photo #9 - Through our performing arts, music and visual arts, programs, students explore their creative sides, learn musical skills, gain the confidence to perform, and express themselves artistically.
- Students who go Graland are the kind of forward thinkers who can go anywhere and do anything.
- Graland goes to extraordinary lengths to give every child the best education possible, developing intellectual excellence and strong character. Challenging academics, arts, athletics, community service, overnight trips, innovation, invention - Graland`s unique program prepares students to be engaged citizens and thoughtful leaders.
- We empower our faculty to continue their professional growth and be active leaders so they can help students reach their highest potential.
- Graland Country Day School is a private school in Denver, Colorado, serving students in preschool, K-8.
- One family out of every five receives tuition assistance. We are committed to offering an inclusive community that is a welcoming place for all.
- With small class sizes and high-calibur faculty, every Graland student is understood for who they are.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dedicated Lower School and Middle School Student Support Team|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||699 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||103 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool (Ages 3-4): Half Day: $13,050 Full Day: $22,160 Pre-Kindergarten (Ages 4-5): $22,160 Lower School (Grades K-4): $25,410 Middle School (Grades 5-8): $28,340--Tuition includes daily lunch and snack, books, technology devices, school supplies, and class trips.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kieffer Williams|
|Admissions Associate||Anthony Gault|
|Endowment Size||$40 million|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||32 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Eco Couture, Foreign Film, French Culture Club, Gates Invention and Innovation Program, Geometry Club, Journalism, Math Counts, Peer Leaders, Photography, Puzzles and Games, Random Acts of Kindness Club, Robotics, Rube Goldberg, Service Council, Stage Craft, Student Council, TIDES 1 & 2, Tinker Club, Touch Football, Woodshop, World Geography
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Clay Studio, Filmmaking, Gates Graphic Design, Jazz Band, Music Tech, Musical Theater, Rock Band, Sirens Acapella Group, Visual Arts Program
Learn more and schedule a tour or open house visit at graland.org/visit.
- Graland`s rich history began in 1924 when parents and teachers came together to create a an educational program adapted to the needs of children, and our focus today is still on the whole child and on developing well-rounded individuals of strong character who excel intellectually, athletically and creatively. A tradition of innovation is the Graland way, and we are constantly evolving our teaching methods to live on the edge of education and meet the needs of today`s learners.
- Graland is located in the heart of Denver and offers daily bus routes.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Grades: 2-12 | 30 students
2160 South Cook Street
Denver, CO 80210
(303)758-2003 2.8 2-12
- Denver Grades: K-8 | 241 students
1005 Yosemite Street
Denver, CO 80230
(303)340-2444 2.8 K-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.