- Dedicated to excellence in education through independent study, using individually prescribed instructional and motivational systems, our program is designed to quickly improve a student's performance in every academic area.
- Students progress so rapidly that most who start below grade level are effectively doing superior work after one or two semesters.
- All courses include supplemental or enrichment materials so students can experience continuous challenge and success.
- We provide effective learning environments where students learn and practice procedures and skills of Accelerated Thinking while mastering required curriculum areas.
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Gifted, Talented, ADD, ADHD, Low Motivation, Anxiety, Asperger|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuititon varies based on lenght of enrollment as well as grade level. We offer different tuition rates for full-time, part-time and summer schools|
|Admissions Director||Jane Queen, Executive Director|
- Accelerated Schools exists to provide a unique and alternative approach to learning, emphasizing the following: Individualized learning based on each student's knowledge, skills, and circumstances A daily reward system to provide motivation A daily report card so that students and parents know where they stand Creating capable writers Creating readers with comprehension Introducing students to modern technology Creating an environment that minimizes distractions and significantly increases time-on-task in the classroom
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Grades: 1-12 | 756 students
4400 E Iliff Avenue
Denver, CO 80222
(303)777-5161 0.6 1-12
- Denver Grades: PK-12 | 58 students
5900 E Yale Ave
Denver, CO 80222
(303)758-5900 1.6 PK-12
- Denver Grades: K-12 | 172 students
6825 E Alameda Ave
Denver, CO 80224
(720)859-6806 3.1 K-12
- Denver Grades: NS-8 | 700 students
55 Clermont St
Denver, CO 80220
(303)399-8361 2.8 NS-8
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.