5.00 (1 review)
- Humanex Academy is a private, accredited, non-traditional middle and high school that provides a structured and supportive environment for students.
- Our three core elements include (1) an academic curriculum to accommodate each student's current abilities, (2) social/emotional counseling support, and (3) a solution-focused, empathy based approach to behavior management.
- Our student population consists of students who have been diagnosed with or thought to have learning differences, ADD, ADHD, Autism, Twice-Exceptional learning, bipolar disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and many other unique needs.
- We are the only program of this kind in the Denver metro area.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Variety of learning challenges, Twice Exceptional (2e), Autism Spectrum, or struggling in traditional academic setting because of a mood or anxiety disorder|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,800|
|Tuition Notes||Humanex Academy has an open enrollment policy and tuition is pro-rated depending on the student's start date.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kati Cahill|
|Admissions Associate||Cheryl Okizaki|
- Learning Environment tailored by grade level to maximize academic learning to life/career skills
- Social/Emotional growth embeded into the entire program to maximize individual development and skills
- Experiential Learning Programs provide in-depth classroom experiences, field trips to enhance learning, internship opportunities for professional experience, and extended travel opportunities to gain a better understanding of the world
- Transitional Planning to help plan for next steps in both an academic and personal path during a student's time at Humanex and beyond
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Grades: 1-12 | 756 students
4400 E Iliff Avenue
Denver, CO 80222
(303)777-5161 4.3 1-12
- Englewood Grades: Inquire with school | 43 students
2303 E Dartmouth Ave
Englewood, CO 80113
(303)758-7171 3 Inquire with school
- Denver Grades: PK-12 | 994 students
3800 S Pierce St
Denver, CO 80235
(303)986-1501 3.2 PK-12
- Denver Grades: K-12 | 43 students
2160 South Cook Street
Denver, CO 80210
(303)758-2003 3.7 K-12
This has been a great fit for our son who has severely suffered from anxiety at school. The teachers and administrators are so caring and create a safe calm learning environment. Our son is finally thriving at school, and our family is thrilled to have found Humanex Academy.
- Posted by Parent - Hilda
We have spent tens of billions on educational technology since the 1990s. Has all this spending improved educational outcomes?
Use this five-point checklist to keep your search for private schools organized.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.