- Humanex Academy is a private, accredited, non-traditional middle and high school which provides a structured and supportive environment for students with a wide variety of learning, behavioral, and emotional needs.
- Our three core elements include (1) an academic curriculum which accommodates each student's current abilities, (2) social/emotional counseling support, and (3) a solution-focused, empathy based approach to behavior management.
- We work with 6-12 grade students who have been diagnosed with or thought to have learning differences, ADD, ADHD, Autism, Twice-Exceptional learning, bipolar disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and many other unique needs.
- We are the only program of this kind in the Denver metro area.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Variety of learning challenges, Twice Exceptional (2e), Autism Spectrum, or struggling in traditional academic setting because of a mood or anxiety disorder|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,800|
|Tuition Notes||Humanex Academy has an open enrollment policy and tuition is pro-rated depending on the student's start date.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kati Cahill|
|Admissions Associate||Tom Welch|
- Learning Environment tailored by grade level to maximize academic learning to life/career skills
- Social/Emotional growth embeded into the entire program to maximize individual development and skills
- Experiential Learning Programs provide in-depth classroom experiences, field trips to enhance learning, internship opportunities for professional experience, and extended travel opportunities to gain a better understanding of the world
- Transitional Planning to help plan for next steps in both an academic and personal path during a student's time at Humanex and beyond
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Grades: 1-12 | 756 students
4400 E Iliff Avenue
Denver, CO 80222
(303)777-5161 4.3 1-12
- Englewood Grades: PK-12 | 34 students
2303 E Dartmouth Ave
Englewood, CO 80113
(303)758-7171 3 PK-12
- Denver Grades: PK-12 | 913 students
3800 S Pierce St
Denver, CO 80235
(303)986-1501 3.2 PK-12
- Denver Grades: 2-12 | 30 students
2160 South Cook Street
Denver, CO 80210
(303)758-2003 3.7 2-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.