- Humanex Academy is a private, accredited, middle and high school that offers a structured, supportive academic environment for students with unique academic, social, emotional, and behavioral needs.
- We work with students who present with a variety of learning challenges, who are Twice Exceptional (2e), on the Autism Spectrum, or struggling in traditional academic setting because of a mood or anxiety disorder.
- Our program has three core elements: an individualized academic curriculum, counseling support, and an empathetic and solution-focused approach to growth and development.
- We are the only program of this kind in the Denver metro area.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Variety of learning challenges, Twice Exceptional (2e), Autism Spectrum, or struggling in traditional academic setting because of a mood or anxiety disorder|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,800|
|Tuition Notes||Humanex Academy has an open enrollment policy and tuition is pro-rated depending on the student's start date.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kati Cahill|
|Admissions Associate||Tom Welch|
- Learning Styles: Our Individualized Academic Curriculum ensures that all students work on materials at the level for which they can be appropriately challenged and experience success.
- Instructional Approach: The models and strategies used are research-based and effective in ensuring student success. Instructional Approach Humanex Academy teachers adapt course materials and instructional techniques based on each student`s needs while focusing on specific content related to the Colorado Model Content Standards and on skills necessary for academic and career success. We strive to challenge each student in ways unavailable in a traditional and public school education. To meet this challenge, our staff is highly trained in diverse teaching methods. The instructional approach implemented by teachers is multi-faceted and utilizes a combination of instructional delivery and assessment models to ensure students master the skills and content being taught.
- Honor Classes: We offer honors and college-bound classes in all subject areas. Each student works from a syllabus designed to include individual learning goals, expectations, and time lines. This helps students develop a sense of accountability as they work at a pace that will allow them to meet their goals. Our staff prompts students to find internal motivation with an emphatic, solution-focused approach to complete the class rather than have a teacher do the work for them.
- College Classes: Students are also allowed to take college courses and receive Humanex Academy credit. This gives students, who might be anxious about what a college class is like, to take a class while they receive support they may need from Humanex.
- Transition Planning The focus of our Transition Planning program is to help students select colleges, prepare for the SAT test, write college essays, and complete college applications. Students who are pursuing vocational training use this class to find, to apply, and/or to secure an internship at a vocational school.
- Credit for Service: Humanex offers academic credit for holding a part-time job, for community service, or volunteering in order to encourage students to investigate various careers.
- Support Programs Students who attend Humanex Academy actively work towards being prepared to walk whatever avenue of life they choose after completion of our program. As a result of our Support Programs, many of our students have learned and practiced the skills they need to succeed, learned how to utilize their strengths, and learned how to be advocates of their strong self-knowledge. Therefore, Humanex Academy excels at preparing students for life beyond high school.
- Humanex Academy is fully accredited by AdvancED
- Middle School Completion Requirements: Our coursework is designed for 8th graders to earn a Certification of Completion in order for them to meet the new demands and challenges of high school.
- High School Graduation Requirements: Our high school graduation requirements identify the credits that all students must earn in order to receive their high school diploma and are equivalent to the Colorado state requirements.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Grades: 1-12 | 756 students
4400 E Iliff Avenue
Denver, CO 80222
(303)777-5161 4.3 1-12
- Englewood Grades: PK-12 | 34 students
2303 E Dartmouth Ave
Englewood, CO 80113
(303)758-7171 3 PK-12
- Denver Grades: PK-12 | 913 students
3800 S Pierce St
Denver, CO 80235
(303)986-1501 3.2 PK-12
- Denver Grades: 2-12 | 30 students
2160 South Cook Street
Denver, CO 80210
(303)758-2003 3.7 2-12
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.