5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (303) 986-4587
- Havern School provides an individually tailored education program for elementary and middle school aged students with learning disabilities.
- Havern students have average or above average intelligence and a diagnosed learning disability.
- Utilizing a 4:1 student to staff ratio, master teachers, occupational therapists, and speech/language pathologists provide an extensive program of intervention services.
- Our ultimate goal is to create confident learners who continue to achieve success beyond Havern School. Havern School is a nationally recognized community of professionals, parents, families, and friends working together to address the individual academic, social, and emotional needs of our students.
- It is an independent day school in southwest Denver with a long track record of helping children with learning disabilities become successful learners.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Discalculia/Language-based and more|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call for current tuition information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Shira Shump|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Early, Homework, LEGO, StudentCouncil, Variety
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Havern School
- Learning Disabilities
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Grades: 1-7 | 42 students
4159 Lowell Blvd
Denver, CO 80211
(303) 458-7220 9.4 1-7
- Denver Grades: 1-12 | 80 students
2950 Tennyson St
Denver, CO 80212
(303) 433-2541 8.3 1-12
- Englewood Grades: PK-12 | 43 students
2303 E Dartmouth Ave
Englewood, CO 80113
(303) 758-7171 6.5 PK-12
- Boulder Grades: 6-12 | 20 students
3131 Indian Road
Boulder, CO 80301
(303) 554-7363 27.9 6-12
My daughter has attended Havern for the last 8 years. She has made great strides and loves going to school, her teachers and the friends she had made. There is nothing like it in Colorado, as they provide a small group learning environment with integrated speech, occupational and social skills therapies. It is a great community and a wonderful environment for kids to learn, gain confidence and necessary life skills. I highly recommend checking it out if your child is struggling in their current school.
- Posted by Parent - Paul Herzog
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?