- Havern School provides an individually tailored education program for elementary and middle school aged students with learning disabilities.
- Havern students have average or above average intelligence and a diagnosed learning disability.
- Utilizing a 4:1 student to staff ratio, master teachers, occupational therapists, and speech/language pathologists provide an extensive program of intervention services.
- Our ultimate goal is to create confident learners who continue to achieve success beyond Havern School. Havern School is a nationally recognized community of professionals, parents, families, and friends working together to address the individual academic, social, and emotional needs of our students.
- It is an independent day school in southwest Denver with a long track record of helping children with learning disabilities become successful learners.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Discalculia/Language-based and more|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call for current tuition information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Molly Buttitta|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Early, Homework, LEGO, StudentCouncil, Variety
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Havern School
- Learning Disabilities
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Grades: NS-8 | 331 students
1460 South Holly Street
Denver, CO 80222
(303)756-9441 9.1 NS-8
- Denver Grades: 1-7 | 42 students
4159 Lowell Blvd
Denver, CO 80211
(303)458-7220 9.4 1-7
- Denver Grades: K-11 | 78 students
2950 Tennyson St
Denver, CO 80212
(303)433-2541 8.3 K-11
- Englewood Grades: PK-12 | 34 students
2303 E Dartmouth Ave
Englewood, CO 80113
(303)758-7171 6.5 PK-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.