- Havern School provides an individually tailored education program for elementary and middle school aged students with learning disabilities.
- Havern students have average or above average intelligence and a diagnosed learning disability.
- Utilizing a 4:1 student to staff ratio, master teachers, occupational therapists, and speech/language pathologists provide an extensive program of intervention services.
- Our ultimate goal is to create confident learners who continue to achieve success beyond Havern School. Havern School is a nationally recognized community of professionals, parents, families, and friends working together to address the individual academic, social, and emotional needs of our students.
- It is an independent day school in southwest Denver with a long track record of helping children with learning disabilities become successful learners.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Discalculia/Language-based and more|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call for current tuition information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Molly Buttitta|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Early, Homework, LEGO, StudentCouncil, Variety
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Havern School
- Learning Disabilities
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Grades: 1-7 | 42 students
4159 Lowell Blvd
Denver, CO 80211
(303)458-7220 9.4 1-7
- Denver Grades: K-11 | 78 students
2950 Tennyson St
Denver, CO 80212
(303)433-2541 8.3 K-11
- Englewood Grades: PK-12 | 34 students
2303 E Dartmouth Ave
Englewood, CO 80113
(303)758-7171 6.5 PK-12
- Denver Grades: NS-8 | 331 students
1460 South Holly Street
Denver, CO 80222
(303)756-9441 9.1 NS-8
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.