Denver Christian School
- Denver Christian School is a preschool-12th grade campus offering new educational opportunities.
- Key among them is the opportunity to fully align our curriculum, enhancing our ability to offer students a seamless, consistent, and complete PK-12 education.
- A single-site operational model allows us to optimize our support services, mentoring, and student-partnering programs, while the additional space enhances our current educational programs by providing significant flexible classroom and learning spaces.
- New programming opportunities associated with our campus includes enhanced arts and athletic programs; increased access to cultural, service, and authentic learning experiences; and expanded offerings in the areas of vocational education.
Denver Christian School places among the top 20% of private schools in Colorado for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Learning Differences / Please call us... we may be able to help|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$100|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||555 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Neat, clean and in good repair)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition starting at $ for 3,315 PreK, up to $12,70for High School. Rates % changes yearly.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Carrie Johnson|
|Admissions Associate||Sandie Posthumus|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Debate Club, Drama Performance, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Music (Band, Choirs) National and International Performance Trips, Spritiual Emphasis Activities and Service Projects, Student Council, Yearbook Club|
Club or Organization:
Art Club, Book Club, Chess Club, Engineering Club, National Honor Society, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
- Denver Christian School is a preschool through high school college preparatory Christian school serving the entire Denver metro area. DC is committed to educating 21st century students, encouraging them to grow in their own strengths, uniqueness and talents.
- Since 1916, Denver Christian School has been educating children: mind, body and spirit. The preschool through high school program focus has always been inspired from the Lord who said "Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it." OUR MISSION
- To inspire and equip students of Christian families to engage the world with Christ`s transforming power and love.
- At Denver Christian, we aspire to educate students in a diverse, faith-based community. DC nurtures and develops students` personal gifts and prepared them to engage the world as leaders. Our faculty and staff guide students through a process of learning that focuses on knowledge enriched with the arts, technology, athletics, and is rooted in our Christian perspective on education.
- Denver Christian School nurtures the individual student. Encouraging students to grow in their own strengths, uniqueness and talents.
- Denver Christian continues to be a clear leader in the Denver-area market for private education value and excellence.
- We believe that God is excellent and so therefore we strive for excellence in all that we do.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arvada Grades: NS-12 | 1035 students
4890 Carr Street
Arvada, CO 80002
(303)424-7310 9.7 NS-12
- Englewood Grades: 6-12 | 713 students
4000 East Quincy Avenue
Englewood, CO 80113
(303)770-7660 7.1 6-12
- Denver Grades: 9-12 | 53 students
5100 W 14th Avenue
Denver, CO 80204
(303)893-1333 6.5 9-12
- Denver Grades: PK-12 | 913 students
3800 S Pierce St
Denver, CO 80235
(303)986-1501 0.3 PK-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.