Littleton Knowledge Beginnings
- Learning is meant to be a natural, joyful experience. Children learn by playing, experimenting, exploring, and testing.
- Children flourish when the process of discovery is lovingly encouraged and gently reinforced.
- This is the philosophy behind our research-based curriculum, which fosters individual growth by providing plenty of opportunities for exploration and child-initiated choice.
- All children need opportunities to be responsible, to make choices, and to be treated with respect.
- Our programs encourage your child’s growth and development with early-learning experiences that build a strong foundation for children’s cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills.
- We believe each child has unique talents and interests. We honor these differences by providing children with customized attention and activities that enable them to learn and grow at their own paces and in their own ways.
- Specific activities may vary depending on the classroom and the age of the children.
- The underlying principles of our programs, however, remain the same: Children learn through active exploration; children initiate their own learning; learning comes from open-ended experiences; and adults are facilitators of children’s learning.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Thank you for your interest in Knowledge Beginnings. We understand how important it is to find child care you can really trust and an educational program that meets your expectations. Our parents have faith in Knowledge Beginnings to provide the highest quality care and education their children ranging in age from 8 weeks to 12 years. We are more than a child care center. As a school, Knowledge Beginnings is a place where children explore, discover and learn. We respect children as individuals and our dedicated teachers ensure that children get the positive learning experience they need to grow up happy and confident. We believe that as partners with you, we can inspire your child’s love of learning. Knowledge Beginnings offers enrichment areas outside of the classroom experience to support our philosophy that children learn through active exploration. Reading, writing, speaking and listening activities are the focus in Poet’s Place. Imagination Station provides a space which appeals to a child’s natural sense of make-believe, allowing for exploration of performing arts which build creativity, confidence and presentations skills.
- Our school takes pride in the health and safety of our children,
staff and families. Miss Nicole is our Health and Safety
Coordinator for our school and takes on the role with great pride.
Miss Nicole works regularly with our team to achieve a safe and
clean learning environment for everyone.
With an exciting schedule of summer activities planned at Knowledge Beginnings, it's time to brush up on the S.A.F.E. way to encourage safe play for children on the playground.
upervision, Age Appropriate, Falls, Equipment
Miss Nicole and the staff at Knowledge Beginnings are doing routine playground safety checks to assure the equipment is in good repair, age appropriate for the children and using our heat stress index to ensure proper temperature for outside play times.
- Hours Of Operation: 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM, M-F
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Littleton Grades: PK-6 | 90 students
8305 S Wadsworth Blvd
Littleton, CO 80128
(303)972-0787 3.5 PK-6
- Littleton Grades: PK-8 | 122 students
7018 S Prince St
Littleton, CO 80120
(303)794-6222 3 PK-8
- Littleton Grades: NS-8 | 184 students
7691 S University Blvd
Littleton, CO 80122
(303)798-0711 6 NS-8
- Englewood Grades: PK-K | 120 students
10472 E Easter Ave
Englewood, CO 80112
(303)768-9625 10.6 PK-K
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.