Littleton Knowledge Beginnings
- Learning is meant to be a natural, joyful experience. Children learn by playing, experimenting, exploring, and testing.
- Children flourish when the process of discovery is lovingly encouraged and gently reinforced.
- This is the philosophy behind our research-based curriculum, which fosters individual growth by providing plenty of opportunities for exploration and child-initiated choice.
- All children need opportunities to be responsible, to make choices, and to be treated with respect.
- Our programs encourage your child’s growth and development with early-learning experiences that build a strong foundation for children’s cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills.
- We believe each child has unique talents and interests. We honor these differences by providing children with customized attention and activities that enable them to learn and grow at their own paces and in their own ways.
- Specific activities may vary depending on the classroom and the age of the children.
- The underlying principles of our programs, however, remain the same: Children learn through active exploration; children initiate their own learning; learning comes from open-ended experiences; and adults are facilitators of children’s learning.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery School-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Thank you for your interest in Knowledge Beginnings. We understand how important it is to find child care you can really trust and an educational program that meets your expectations. Our parents have faith in Knowledge Beginnings to provide the highest quality care and education their children ranging in age from 8 weeks to 12 years. We are more than a child care center. As a school, Knowledge Beginnings is a place where children explore, discover and learn. We respect children as individuals and our dedicated teachers ensure that children get the positive learning experience they need to grow up happy and confident. We believe that as partners with you, we can inspire your child’s love of learning. Knowledge Beginnings offers enrichment areas outside of the classroom experience to support our philosophy that children learn through active exploration. Reading, writing, speaking and listening activities are the focus in Poet’s Place. Imagination Station provides a space which appeals to a child’s natural sense of make-believe, allowing for exploration of performing arts which build creativity, confidence and presentations skills.
- Our school takes pride in the health and safety of our children,
staff and families. Miss Nicole is our Health and Safety
Coordinator for our school and takes on the role with great pride.
Miss Nicole works regularly with our team to achieve a safe and
clean learning environment for everyone.
With an exciting schedule of summer activities planned at Knowledge Beginnings, it's time to brush up on the S.A.F.E. way to encourage safe play for children on the playground.
upervision, Age Appropriate, Falls, Equipment
Miss Nicole and the staff at Knowledge Beginnings are doing routine playground safety checks to assure the equipment is in good repair, age appropriate for the children and using our heat stress index to ensure proper temperature for outside play times.
- Hours Of Operation: 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM, M-F
Profile last updated: 03/14/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- EnglewoodGrades: PK-K | 120 students
10472 E Easter Ave
Englewood, CO 80112
- LittletonGrades: PK-8 | 124 students
7018 S Prince St
Littleton, CO 80120
- LittletonGrades: NS-8 | 184 students
7691 S University Blvd
Littleton, CO 80122
- HendersonGrades: NS-K
10693 Belle Creek Blvd
Henderson, CO 80640
- DenverGrades: NS-8 | 236 students
2040 South York Street
Denver, CO 80208
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.