Mackintosh Academy Littleton
- Mackintosh Academy nurtures the keen minds and compassionate hearts of the gifted child in a responsive and caring community of learners.
- Our students mature into confident, healthy human beings inspired to contribute to a world that needs them.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)|
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
National Association for the Gifted
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Twice Exceptional including SPD, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Mild ASD|
|Total Students||122 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 2 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,550|
|Tuition Notes||Half Day PreK Program $11,550|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Beth Steklac|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cooking Class, Games Club, Homework Club, Video Production
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Performing Arts, Young Rembrandts
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fencing Club, Running Clu
- Mackintosh Academy maximizes learning potential and promotes development of the whole child: cognitively, socially, emotionally, creatively, and physically. Our rich IB curriculum incorporates challenging academics with the arts, physical education, languages, and technology. A child who is academically prepared, however, is only partially equipped to make a meaningful contribution to society. We deeply care and are responsive to the variety of factors influencing a gifted child`s social-emotional and interpersonal development. Students need to respect themselves and others, listen actively, think critically, negotiate conflict, build resiliency, take responsibility, and understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right. Students in the 21st century are faced with the challenges and opportunities of learning about an interconnected world where knowledge is constantly developing. We prepare students to be active participants in a lifelong journey of learning through inquiry and reflection. We cultivate strong and trusting relationships among students and faculty to support and tend to the optimal growth of each child's unique potential.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Littleton Grades: PK-6 | 90 students
8305 S Wadsworth Blvd
Littleton, CO 80128
(303)972-0787 3.9 PK-6
- Littleton Grades: NS-PK | 27 students
6000 W. Grant Ranch Blvd.
Littleton, CO 80123
(303)730-2568 3 NS-PK
- Littleton Grades: NS-8 | 184 students
7691 S University Blvd
Littleton, CO 80122
(303)798-0711 3.1 NS-8
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.