Kent Denver School
Kent Denver School Photo #3 - Small classes with exceptional teachers make learning engaging and fun!
Kent Denver School Photo #5 - An amazing 200 acre campus with over 100,000 sq ft of new or renovated learning spaces, state-of-the-art athletics facilities and plenty of opportunities for outdoor learning (canoes included!)
Kent Denver School Photo #8 - Opportunities for meaningful independent studies through Kent Denver Institutes for Experimental Design, Entrepreneurial Studies and Technology/Design.
- There has never been a better time to be a Sun Devil! Since our founding in 1922, Kent Denver has delivered the highest quality college preparatory experience in the Mountain West.
- Over the past 98 years, more than 7,000 students have earned a Kent Denver diploma, thrived at top colleges and universities and gone on to lead full, meaningful, self-determined lives.
- Our 200-acre campus is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with the final phase scheduled for completion in Spring 2020.
- We are creating more than 100,000 square feet of cutting-edge instructional spaces that are designed to foster the best possible learning environment and to encourage innovation by teachers and students alike.
Kent Denver School places among the top 20% of private schools in Colorado for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Cost varies by length and duration of camp|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||713 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||83 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1393|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,930|
|Tuition Notes||Almost one in four Kent Denver School families receives tuition assistance.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Associate||Genevieve Marcelino|
|Endowment Size||$64 million|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Lacrosse, Mountain Biking,
Rock Climbing, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
GSA, Mock Trial, Model UN, REEFS, Speech and Debate, Students United for Diversity Awareness, Ultimate Frisbee Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Blues Band, Drama, Latin Jazz Band, Literary Magazine
- Our academic curriculum offers more than 140 exceptional courses taught by some of the best faculty in the country: 69% of our teachers have advanced degrees and several have been awarded Ph.D.s.-the highest level of academic achievement-in their chosen discipline. They are dedicated to providing an education exemplified by "excellence in scholarship and character."
- Of course, much of the fun of learning is having the freedom to pursue personal interests. We`re pleased to provide a wide array of Middle and Upper School electives; signature programs such as robotics, speech and debate, Model UN, commercial music and entrepreneurship; more than 50 student-created, student-led extracurricular clubs and robust independent learning opportunities through Kent Denver Institutes and the Global Online Academy.
- Additionally, we are one of the few schools in the country to host an on-campus bank operated primarily by students. We are also home to a student-managed caf, a state-of-the-art recording studio, high-tech maker spaces and a LEED Platinum-certified Dining Hall.
- Over the years, our athletics teams have earned 80 State Championships, 58 State Runners-Up, 26 State Final Fours, 93 Regional Championships, 18 District Championships and 140 League Championships. Equally important, students of all levels and abilities had opportunities to challenge themselves and grow in our athletics program.
- Kent Denver is also home to a vital Parents` Association. Throughout the year, parents and guardians enjoy a number of special activities, from a speakers` series to parent clubs, affinity groups, special events and more.
- We award approximately $3.6 million in financial aid to 23% of our students each year. Applied directly to tuition, these awards immediately reduce the cost of attendance and help ensure Kent Denver is an affordable option for all income levels.
- No matter where you look on our 200-acre campus, you will see students, faculty, staff and families living our core values of integrity, respect, community, personal growth and wisdom. Separately and together, these values allow us to celebrate our differences as we learn from each other and from our local, national and international communities.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Grades: PK-12 | 994 students
3800 S Pierce St
Denver, CO 80235
(303)986-1501 7 PK-12
- Denver Grades: PK-12 | 555 students
3898 S. Teller St.
Denver, CO 80235
(303)733-2421 7.1 PK-12
- Englewood Grades: PK-12 | 674 students
4545 South University Boulevard
Englewood, CO 80113
(303)762-8300 1.1 PK-12
- Colorado Springs Grades: 9-12 | 239 students
6155 Fountain Valley School Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80911
(719)391-5251 63 9-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.