Kent Denver School
- Top Ranked CO School
- Grades: 6-12
- Students: 726 students
- Yearly Tuition: $31,427
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 31
Kent Denver School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Colorado for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Business of Sports, EmpowHERment, GSA, Literary Magazine, Mock Trial, Model UN, Outdoor Adventures, REEFS, Robotics, Speech and Debate, Student Bank—MidFirst Branch, Students United for Diversity Awareness, Sun Devils Advocate Student Newspaper, Ultimate Frisbee Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Blues Band, Drama, Latin Jazz Band, Literary Magazine
- Our academic curriculum offers more than 140 exceptional courses taught by some of the best faculty in the country: 69% of our teachers have advanced degrees and several have been awarded Ph.D.s.-the highest level of academic achievement-in their chosen discipline. They are dedicated to providing an education exemplified by "excellence in scholarship and character."
- Of course, much of the fun of learning is having the freedom to pursue personal interests. We`re pleased to provide a wide array of Middle and Upper School electives; signature programs such as robotics, speech and debate, Model UN, commercial music and entrepreneurship; more than 50 student-created, student-led extracurricular clubs and robust independent learning opportunities through Kent Denver Institutes and the Global Online Academy.
- Additionally, we are one of the few schools in the country to host an on-campus bank operated primarily by students. We are also home to a student-managed caf, a state-of-the-art recording studio, high-tech maker spaces and the nation's first LEED Platinum-certified Dining Hall.
- Over the years, our athletics teams have earned 80 State Championships, 59 State Runners-Up, 28 State Final Fours, 95+ Regional Championships, 20 District Championships and 140+ League Championships. Equally important, students of all levels and abilities had opportunities to challenge themselves and grow in our athletics program.
- Kent Denver is also home to a vital Parents` Association. Throughout the year, parents and guardians enjoy a number of special activities, from a speakers` series to parent clubs, affinity groups, special events and more.
- We award $4 million in financial aid to nearly 25% of our students each year. Applied directly to tuition, these awards immediately reduce the cost of attendance and help ensure Kent Denver is an affordable option for all income levels.
- No matter where you look on our 200-acre campus, you will see students, faculty, staff and families living our core values of integrity, respect, community, personal growth and wisdom. Separately and together, these values allow us to celebrate our differences as we learn from each other and from our local, national and international communities.
Endorse Kent Denver School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards