- Fayerweather Street School is an independent, progressive school that provides a child-centered approach to learning from PreKindergarten through 8th grade.
- Fayerweather educates children to become self-confident and self-directed learners, critical and reflective thinkers, explorers of ideas, and risk-takers.
- We are respectful of individual learning styles.
- Our integrated and thematic curriculum is designed to spark questions and concerns about the world while providing a structure in which strong academic skills are developed.
- Fayerweather supports educational research, professional development, and engagement in community action.
- Fayerweather strives to build and sustain a community with varied backgrounds of race, religion, ethnicity, and sexual orientation.
- We are committed to preparing students to engage in an interdependent and diverse world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $24,000-$30,000 for the 2016-2017 school year.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Robin Khadduri|
|Admissions Associate||Becca Latimore|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Ultimate FrisbeeBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Afterschool Band, Basketball Club, Build It Yourself/ Lego Robotics, Chorus, Drama, Glee Club, Math Olympiad, Middle School Play, Parkour, Private Music Lessons, Soccer Club, Young Scientists Club Chorus, Drama, Glee Club, Math Olympiad, Parkour, Soccer Club, Afterschool Band,
Build It Yourself/ Lego Robotics,
Middle School Play,
Private Music Lessons,
Young Scientists Club,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CambridgeGrades: PK-8 | 205 students
5 Cadbury Road
Cambridge, MA 02140
BelmontGrades: PK-8 | 272 students
55 Day School Lane
Belmont, MA 02478
CambridgeGrades: PK-8 | 511 students
178 Coolidge Hill
Cambridge, MA 02138
BostonGrades: 5-12 | 436 students
103 Pilgrim Road
Boston, MA 02215
CambridgeGrades: PK-12 | 1018 students
80 Gerrys Landing Rd
Cambridge, MA 02138
Fayerweather Street School is able to achieve the best of both child-centered yet rigorous academics and a supportive social environment that values diversity and social justice. It's a small school that offers a big variety of offerings in the arts, academics, and community engagement. This is my child's 4th year attending the school and our family couldn't be happier.
- Posted by Parent - bohre
I chose Fayerweather because I wanted to kindle my son's love for learning, creative thinking, and global citizenship. At FSS, the teachers get to know each child and leverage their interests and passions. The Shakespeare play, the Colonial Fair, and the cities project are just a few examples of the engaging experiential approach to learning at Fayerweather. The community is diverse (nearly 40% are families of color and about 30% receive tuition assistance). I've have made many good friends among the close-knit parent community. I couldn't be more pleased with the progress my son has made at FSS.
- Posted by Parent - c4woo