Grades: NS-5 | 118 students
Students participated in a Walk for the Homeless to support the Alive! House. Alive! is the largest private safety net for the needy in the city of Alexandria. In an effort to show awareness of the need to help those less fortunate, students walked 3 laps around the school.
- Founded in 1959, Grace Episcopal School provides an academically challenging and developmentally appropriate education for children in Preschool through Fifth Grade.
- Our strong academic program emphasizes the basic tools of learning: reading, writing, and mathematics. Students receive personal attention in small classes, and learn to be critical thinkers and successful problem solvers.
- The curriculum is varied - rich in music, literature, art, history, science, physical education, and spiritual development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||118 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Khaki or Navy Pants, Plaid, Polo Tops)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,230|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool: $9290 Junior Kindergarten: $9610|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Benita Cathey|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Basketball, Chess Club, Cooking, Drama, Private Music Lessons, Running, Science, Scouting, Soccer, Summer Camp, Yoga Art, Basketball, Chess Club, Cooking, Drama, Running, Science, Scouting, Soccer, Summer Camp, Yoga, Private Music Lessons,
- Grace Episcopal School is a small school by design. Its size and educational philosophy enables the faculty and staff to develop fully the potential of each student academically, socially, and morally in a loving and nurturing environment. Our highly experienced teachers are committed to knowing each student individually, and their efforts extend beyond the classroom to our playgrounds and playing fields, our stage, our enrichment programs, and service to the greater community. Grace Episcopal School educates the whole student - intellectually, physically, and spiritually.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ArlingtonGrades: NS-3 | 74 students
923 23rd St S
Arlington, VA 22202
AlexandriaGrades: PK-8 | 155 students
1801 Russell Road
Alexandria, VA 22301
400 Green Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
AlexandriaGrades: PK-8 | 275 students
3700 Burgundy Road
Alexandria, VA 22303
Falls ChurchGrades: NS-8 | 341 students
3229 Sleepy Hollow Rd
Falls Church, VA 22042
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.