|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||182 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,995|
|Tuition Notes||Early Childhood Tuition starting at $10,899 depending on individual schedule.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Tricia Moran|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, SoccerCross Country, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts Block and Arts Apprenticeship, Middle School Clubs Arts Block and Arts Apprenticeship,
Middle School Clubs,
- Accreditations: Lesley Ellis is accredited by the Association of Independent Schools in New England and the National Association of Independent Schools.
- Philosophy: Independent elementary/middle school. Individualized, developmental teaching practice with strong academics and an award-winning anti-bias curriculum
- Teachers: 33 teachers; 26 have advanced degrees; 90 percent have 5 or more years of experience. Several teachers are affiliated with graduate schools of education.
- Specialists: Music, reading, Spanish, library, physical education, art, theater
- Features: Experiential learning incorporating regular field trips. Multi-age classrooms in elementary and middle school programs. Spanish beginning in Preschool. Music, physical education and middle school athletics. Early drop-off available at 8:00 a.m. Afterschool program until 5:30 p.m. Vacation program. Summer program.
- Hometowns: Arlington, Belmont, Boston, Cambridge, Lexington, Malden, Medford, Melrose, Somerville, Watertown, Winchester, and surrounding areas.
- Resources: Large, sunlit classrooms in the former Gibbs School building in Arlington. Over 7,000 sq. feet of flexible space for art, music, Spanish, and special events and performances. Two outside play areas. Computer lab; extensive children's library collection. Regular use of gymnasium and performing arts theater; regular use of community and greater Boston resources.
- Application deadline is January 15. Rolling admission is available after that date as spaces remain.
Profile last updated: 09/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Chestnut HillGrades: 6-12 | 451 students
791 Hammond St
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
CambridgeGrades: PK-8 | 200 students
765 Concord Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138
BelmontGrades: PK-8 | 272 students
55 Day School Lane
Belmont, MA 02478
CambridgeGrades: PK-8 | 205 students
5 Cadbury Road
Cambridge, MA 02140
RaleighGrades: KG-12 | 205 students
Po Box 14408
Raleigh, NC 27620
We have had a wonderful experience at Lesley Ellis. The teachers and administrators are so talented and caring. It is a great group of parents accomplished in the arts and non profit institutions. Small classes, lots of enrichment offerings. Highly recommended.
- Posted by Parent - calbe
Our family has been so happy at Lesley Ellis. The faculty are dedicated, talented and really know the children as individuals. The innovative curriculum is challenging yet fun and the students are being well prepared to be life-long learners and responsible, caring members of society.
- Posted by Parent - lisa.