Capistrano Valley Christian Schools
|School Membership(s)||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Christian (no specific denomination)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Opportunity School Program|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2010|
|Total Students||440 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||9% (CA School Avg.: 40%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||50%|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|AP Biology||AP Calculus|
|AP Chemistry||AP English Language|
|AP English Literature||AP European History|
|AP Human Geography||AP Statistics|
|AP US Government|
|Average SAT score||1647|
|Classroom dress code||Formal
(uniforms available at www.truegrits.com school code CAP009)
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact the admissions dept for tuition costs.|
|Admissions Director||Jo Beveridge|
|Admissions Associate||Teri Whitney|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Field Hockey||Flag Football|
|Track and Field||Volleyball|
|Total Extracurriculars||8 extracurriculars|
|ASB||Academic Chess Club|
|Art Club||Before and After School Kids Club|
|Elementary Homework Club||Fine Arts Academy|
|Performing Arts||Student Leadership|
- Capistrano Valley Christian Schools is preparing the Christian leaders of tomorrow. An outstanding 98% of our graduates attend the colleges of their choice, from UC and CSU to the Ivy League. We are a 2010 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence.
- SCHOOL PHILOSOPHY: CVCS strives to provide educational excellence in a Christ-centered environment. To be recognized for developing leaders prepared to impact the world for Christ through effective academic and educational practices based on biblical worldview.
- LIFE ON CAMPUS: CVCS offers a world of opportunities to students. Leadership, mission trips to Russia, top-notch athletic programs and award winning performing arts. Dances and social activities are a part of the high school experience. CVCS is a very warm and friendly family environment where qualified caring faculty and staff work with families to support our students.
- UNIQUE ATTRIBUTES: Here, Biblical Worldview is taught in all classes. High school students go to Berkeley to debate with atheist professors in order to prepare them for their future in this secular world. Every elementary student participates in the MIND: keyboarding and computer math program. Beyond Technology begins in Kindergarten, correct typing lessons begin in 2nd grade and power point by 5th grade.
- FOCUS ON TECHNOLOGY continues into high school with a unique 1 to 1 tablet PC program.
- Specialized software allows teachers and students to interact in and out of class creating a learning environment that is engaging and highly collaborative.
- Tablets allow students flexibility of handwriting class notes which is especially useful in classes like math and science where it is difficult to use word processing software to take notes and complete assignments.
- Stop by for WOW, ‘Welcome on Wednesdays’ each week between 8am and 4pm (no appointments needed) for a campus visit.
- Applications are now being accepted for the 2013-2014 academic year. For more information, or to schedule a campus tour, call: Jo Beveridge, Director of Admissions 949-493-5683, ext. 109 or email email@example.com
Profile last updated: 04/17/2013
Related School Videos:
berean christian school
5 months ago
Sean McDowell: Mormonism vs Christianity
1 year ago.
CVCS WIPTE Tablet PC Video Contest Submission
3 years ago
Facebook School Page:
Related School News:
- Felicia and Amber soar with Eagles - Caymanian Compass
posted on February 18, 2013 at 05:05:20 am
Felicia and Amber soar with EaglesCaymanian CompassThe girls attend Capistrano Valley Christian School in southern Orange County and play for the Eagles ...
- School Choice Week: Which Do You Choose? - Patch.com
posted on January 30, 2013 at 11:22:50 pm
School Choice Week: Which Do You Choose?Patch.comApplications for the Spanish and Mandarin language programs can only be turned in at the school of ...
- NFL Flag South Orange County Announces Champions - Patch.com
posted on November 16, 2012 at 02:53:20 am
NFL Flag South Orange County Announces ChampionsPatch.com10 at Capistrano Valley Christian School. The Patriots team includes seven Laguna Niguel ...
Gr. PK-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K | 0.4 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | 0.7 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 0.8 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-PK | 1.2 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 1.2 mi. away
- February 28,2012 - Capistrano Christian School has been a part of my life since I stepped foot on campus in kindergarten the year of it's opening. Years later, we got the opportunity to send our teenage girls to the school for Jr High and High School. CVCS is an amazing institution with the most talented and passionate teachers and staff I have ever seen. It is a very rare experience to go to a high school and interact with teenagers that are courteous, respectful and sincere. This School educates our kids with an unmatched curriculum, using technology beyond any school in Orange County, and a student teacher ratio that is unbelievable. It has a Christian education program that quite honestly surpasses anything in the entire country. This school teaches our kids the meaning and value of Christ in their life in a way that secures their faith for life and sends them into collegiate life ready to stand up for God in secular institutions and profess and defend their faith. The athletic program is outstanding as every child gets the opportunity to be on teams and actually play. No one is cut from any team every player plays and competes. It is sad what has become of sports in most schools today, what was meant to be an opportunity to exercise and learn the character lessons of teamwork, winning and loosing and meeting goals, has skewed to be all about winning. In public schools kids have to invest their entire year to a single sport in the hopes of making the team and staying on the team. Our since of balance in life is skewed due to the drive to win that sports scholarship. CVCS is about teaching character learning the values of struggle and teamwork, working with what you have not cutting the weaker players but growing them. It is also a very special time at CVCS with new leadership doing some very exciting things with the school. And the Arts program is simply unmatched even in public schools with all kinds of resources. In our minds it is the best school in the country and worth every penny.*-Posted by Parent *