Grades: 6-12 | 950 students
Many schools educate, few change lives. At The King’s Academy, students graduate with a sense of belonging and a sense of purpose. TKA offers a Christ-centered college preparatory curriculum for grades 6-12.
At TKA, students know they matter. They thrive in our save, wholesome environment. With a low teacher-student ratio, your student will receive loving, individual attention from teachers.
TKA’s Spiritual Life program and service trips prepare students to make a difference to others. We offer a stellar visual & performing arts program known throughout the Bay Area and competitive athletics. We offer a loving, family environment where students are encouraged to grow in their relationships with Jesus, their family, teachers, and others.
We are committed to developing God’s best for each student spiritually, academically, morally and socially through every program and activity.
The most important part of the school's name is the apostrophe. The King's Academy exists to honor and glorify our King, Jesus Christ. The King's Academy has a non-discriminatory racial policy and admits students of all races to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities made available to all regularly enrolled students.
Upcoming Events and News:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||950 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||77 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP US Government & Politics, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP US History,|
|Average SAT score||1980|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Guidelines are enforced)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,190|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts for 2nd and 3rd child. More info at: http://www.tka.org/page.cfm?p=5023|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Michele Duncan|
|Admissions Associate||Michele Duncan|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Drill Team, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Water Polo, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Dance,
Drill Team, Flag Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Weightlifting,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Athletics, Choir, Drill Team, Junior High and High School Drama, Knights Brigade Marching Band, Knightshine Show Choir, Missions Trips in US and Abroad, Mixed Choir, Orchestra, Student Council and Class Leadership, Variety of Clubs and Service Organizations, Winter Percussion Athletics, Choir, Drill Team, Mixed Choir, Orchestra, Junior High and High School Drama,
Knights Brigade Marching Band,
Knightshine Show Choir,
Missions Trips in US and Abroad,
Student Council and Class Leadership,
Variety of Clubs and Service Organizations,
- 1. Visit Our Campus: Attend an Open House (check website for dates in October and December each year.) In 2015, Open Houses will be held on Saturdays, October 24 and December 5: Program begins at 11:00 a.m.in the TKA Theatre. For a complete overview of The King's Academy, plan to join us from 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Lunch will be served. The program begins in the Theatre with student performances and testimonials by parents, students and teachers. This is followed by a campus tour for grades 7-12 or a special classroom rotation program for families considering 6th grade. Finally, all groups meet in the gym for lunch and a chance to browse our department tables.
- 2. Join a Campus Tour: Scheduled tours are every Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30 a.m. However, we are happy to accomodate your schedule if neither of these days will work for you. Please contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com or call (408) 481-9900 x4248.
- 3. Encourage Your Student to Shadow: Shadow Days are every Tuesday and Friday at 8:10 a.m. Your student will be assigned to a student host who has been specifically selected and trained for this important role. Visiting students will shadow in the grade for which they are applying. The assigned host will be the same gender as your student. To arrange for your child to shadow, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (408) 481-9900 x4248.
- 4. Submit an Application: Applications for the 2015-2016 school year are now online here, Priority Application Deadline: Friday, January 30, 2016; Late Application Deadline: Friday, February 29, 2016
- 5. Schedule the Admissions Exam: All prospective students are required to take an admissions exam. You will indicate your preferred testing date on the application. Exams will take place at The King’s Academy. Your student may take the exam on the following date or by arrangement. You will receive notification and details concerning the admissions testing approximately two weeks prior to the test date you selected online. Students will be tested using standardized testing materials covering vocabulary, reading comprehension, and math. Students will also be asked to write an essay. Applicants must score in the 55th percentile or higher to be scheduled for an interview.
- 6. Attend an On-Campus Interview: After the admissions exam has been scored and all documents have been received, qualifying students will be scheduled for an interview. The applicant and both parent(s) or guardian(s) are expected for the interview. The interview is a time for us to learn more about your family and for you to gain a better understanding of The King’s Academy. Interviews will not be scheduled until all application paperwork has been submitted. 5. Await the Admissions Decision Following the interview, our Admissions Committee will meet to consider all applications. Students will be notified by mail of the Admissions Committee decision in mid-March.
- 7. Take the Math Placement Exam: Students who are accepted to The King’s Academy will be required to take a math placement exam on Saturday, May 14, 2016at 10:00 a.m. The student’s score on this test will determine their math placement for the 2016-2017 school year.
Profile last updated: 08/17/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SunnyvaleGrades: PK-6 | 892 students
790 E Duane Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
1155 East Arques Ave.
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
SunnyvaleGrades: PK-K | 45 students
420 Carroll St
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
SunnyvaleGrades: PK-8 | 230 students
597 Central Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
SunnyvaleGrades: K-8 | 132 students
597 Central Ave.
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Rental Market Monitor
November 24, 2015
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.
November 19, 2015
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.