Grades: PK-8 | 56 students
- Saint Thomas More Academy is a Catholic elementary and middle school located in Frederick County Maryland.
- Recognized by the Archdiocese of Baltimore as a Catholic School, St. Thomas More Academy provides the rigors of a classical liberal arts curriculum with lessons in spirituality and virtuous living.
- STMA students are inspired to reach their fullest potential through the gentle education of the heart, mind and soul.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
National Association of Private Catholic and Independent Schools (NAPCIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(school uniform- plaid jumpers, khaki pants, polos, skorts, gym uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,650|
|Tuition Notes||Multiple student discount offered. Second student-10%, 3rd student-30%, 4th student 75%, 5th and more - 85%|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Drama Club, LEGO Leaugue, Media Club, National Junior Honor Society, On site piano and guitar lessons offered after school Chess Club, Drama Club, LEGO Leaugue, Media Club, National Junior Honor Society,
On site piano and guitar lessons offered after school,
- Saint Thomas More Academy in Middletown, MD, has been educating pre,primary and middle school students since 2001 in a classical liberalarts curriculum with lessons in spirituality and virtuous living. Saint Thomas More Academy is an independent Catholic school offeringaffordable tuition and fees. With small classrooms that focus on your child`s individual needs, STMA excels at balancing academics with personal growth. Saint Thomas More Academy is recognized by the Archdiocese of Baltimore and respected for academic excellence, producing successful, well rounded students who are critical thinkers, confident in their faith.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
FrederickGrades: PK-8 | 534 students
8414 Opossumtown Pike
Frederick, MD 21702
FrederickGrades: PK-8 | 159 students
1730 N Market St
Frederick, MD 21701
FrederickGrades: K-8 | 121 students
6040 New Design Road
Frederick, MD 21703
IjamsvilleGrades: K-12 | 88 students
3232 Green Valley Road
Ijamsville, MD 21754
Mount AiryGrades: PK-12 | 303 students
16700 Old Frederick Road
Mount Airy, MD 21771
St. Thomas More Academy is a wonderful school! My children have excelled academically and grown spiritually while attending STMA. The small classes foster a unique learning environment which cannot be found any where else in this area. I highly recommend St. Thomas More.
- Posted by Parent - vpkos
My children love this school. It is a great value with affordable tuition, small classes, dedicated teachers, and an advanced curriculum in a wonderful Christian environment. As a parent I am able to be involved and have been able to get to know the teachers , staff, and other families very well.
- Posted by Parent - dries
This is an excellent classical Catholic School that strives to educate the heart, mind and soul of the students by nurturing them in small classroom settings with caring teachers and a Christ-centered education. My children thrive in this environment and many children that have transferred in have experienced dramatic positive turnarounds that are life changing. The tuition was just DECREASED for the 2012-2013 school year and the school is moving to an incredibly beautiful new campus just down the road from the current site. I recommend visiting the school and taking a tour with the principal Mrs. Lyburn to see for yourself why this school is such a blessing!
- Posted by Parent - mary
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.