|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1130|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$40,350|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance available based upon demonstrated need.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Emily Burns|
|Admissions Associate||Sierra Antonio|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Indoor Soccer,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||drama, jazz band, journalism, mountain biking club, photography, recording studio, yearbook drama, jazz band, journalism, photography, yearbook, mountain biking club,
- College-preparatory high school (U.C. approved curriculum)
- Excellent student/teacher ratio
- A class size that promotes learning (average 9)
- Students who are seeking a close relationship with their teachers.
- Students who demonstrate academic and creative potential.
- Students who will actively participate in the learning process and in the school.
- Students who will make a personal investment in their academic success.
- Students who value the opportunities offered in a small learning community.
- We celebrate diverse thinking and individual personalities.
- We practice collaboration instead of competition.
- We offer participatory classes and encourage each individual's voice.
- We motivate students through innovative lessons and real-world applications.
- We emphasize conceptual thinking rather than rote learning.
- We honor each student's unique learning style.
- We identify and nurture each student's talents and gifts.
- We offer a web-based daily communication tool for parents, students and staff.
- Faculty meet weekly to ensure full staff knowledge of each student's progress.
- Students at The Marin School matriculate to leading colleges and universities across the country. We believe in the individual, and everything we do is designed to inspire, guide and empower each student to achieve his or her full academic and social potential.
Profile last updated: 08/17/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
JacksonGrades: NS-12 | 757 students
832 Country Club Lane
Jackson, TN 38305
San RafaelGrades: 9-12 | 407 students
1600 Mission Avenue
San Rafael, CA 94901
San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 346 students
35 Keyes Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94129
LansingGrades: 9-12 | 540 students
501 N Marshall St
Lansing, MI 48912
BristolGrades: 9-12 | 439 students
1001 Stafford Ave
Bristol, CT 06010