- We, the community of Corpus Christi School, minister to children and families of St. Mary of the Assumption and Corpus Christi Parishes.
- Corpus Christi School has a dedicated faculty and staff of faith-filled educators who create an academic and spiritual environment rooted in the Franciscan Tradition.
- Based on the model of Jesus, we encourage our students to grow and stretch to their potential.
- Our goal is to educate each child in the knowledge of God along with the academic and social skills necessary for our complex world.
- With parents and guardians, we commit to nurturing the spiritual, moral, intellectual, social and emotional development of each child.
- The curriculum emphasizes our high standards of excellence in academics in conjunction with a strong sense of moral values.
- Family and school share a common vision of peace and justice along with a sense of individual responsibility to the local and global community.
- This is modeled through our participation in a variety of community outreach projects and through our earth covenant which fosters respect for the earth as God's kingdom.
- Corpus Christi School is a partnership between school and home striving to create an environment preparing all to be responsible stewards for tomorrow.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||432 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||It's Academic, Yearbook, Math League, Science Olympiad, Model UN, Environmental Club, Tech Team It's Academic, Yearbook, Math League, Model UN, Tech Team, Science Olympiad,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NewarkGrades: PK-8 | 614 students
2451 Frazer Rd
Newark, DE 19702
NewarkGrades: PK-8 | 447 students
82 Possum Park Rd
Newark, DE 19711
New CastleGrades: PK-8 | 324 students
801 N Dupont Hwy
New Castle, DE 19720
WilmingtonGrades: PK-8 | 283 students
2006 Shallcross Ave
Wilmington, DE 19806
WilmingtonGrades: PK-8 | 638 students
905 Milltown Rd
Wilmington, DE 19808
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?
July 11, 2017
Suggestions for the small school's IT infrastructure and services.