Dover Montessori Country Day Academy
Dover Montessori Country Day Academy Photo #2 - Picking the perfect pumpkins on a field trip to Loblolly Acres
Rosemary Simpson founded Dover Montessori Country Day Academy more than forty years ago. Her daughter, Margaret Kling A.M.I. is the owner and Director. The school is licensed for daycare and is a certified A.M.I. school using the Association Montessori Internationale method of instruction.
The Montessori curriculum for ages 2 - 6 consists of eight subject areas for which developmentally appropriate materials have been specifically designed.
Mastery of these eight areas provides a child with keys to later academic and social success.
While there are innumerable subjects and materials that might have some "learning" value for the young child, it is these which allow the child to progress most rapidly because of their clarity, simplicity, flexibility, and ability to integrate a child`s experience.
Each month our material centers on a particular theme. We currently are the only pre-school in lower Delaware that offer Chinese as a second language. Additional programs include: Spanish, Computer,Science, Art and Music. Interviews are required. Limited spaces available. contact us: www.dovermontessori.com.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||language-based or mild learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||39 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki, Navy and white, polo style shirts, accessories oppotional in color.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pricing information available on web site 1/2 day and all day programs currently available|
|Admissions Director||Margaret A. Kling A.M.I.|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Gymnastics, SwimmingGymnastics, Swimming,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chinese, Computers, extracurricular activities include, Music and Science, Summer Camp Program|
- Dear Parents,
- Dover Montessori Country Day Academy is one of a few select schools in Delaware that follows the AMI method of teaching. The Montessori method of education emphasizes self-directed activity for children and observation and guidance from the teacher in order to adapt the child`s learning environment to his or her individualdevelopment level. Importance is placed on the child absorbing abstract concepts and learning practical skills. Montessori schools use auto-didactic (self-correcting) equipment for introducing and learning concepts, and teaching reading via phonics and whole language.
- Dr. Montessori recognized that the only valid impulse to learning is the self-motivation of the child. She developed what she called the "prepared environment," which already possesses a certain order. This environment disposes children to develop at his own speed, according to each child`s own capacities, and provides this in a noncompetitive atmosphere.The areas of instruction are: Sensorial learning, Practical life, Movement, Language, Geography, Mathematics, Music and Art. Dover Montessori also provides additional classes to further enrich your child`s education including Spanish and Chinese language classes, yoga and dance instruction, and Computer Tots classes.
- Did you know that your child can get an education from trained Montessori teachers for the same average cost of daycare Montessori introduces children to the joy of learning at an early age and provides a framework in which intellectual and social discipline go hand in hand.
- We look forward to meeting with you.
- Margaret A. Kling A.M.I.
- Director, Dover Montessori Country Day Academy
The best recommend for any school is a child's sincere love of learning. My child can't wait to go to school. She is curious about the world, practices her math skills and language skills in her play, loves books, and is eager to try new things. As an educator myself, I know these are the signs of an engaged and enthusiastic learner. I'm excited for my child to continue grow as a learner.
- Posted by Parent - Dr. A
I am continuously impressed by Dover Montessori. It allows children to find their own learning style, with subtle guidance from teachers and staff all along the way. I thought it was disorganized at first, and I was a little skeptical, but it really is just a way more in line with how kids learn. Really can't get a better value from any daycare or preschool in the area.
- Posted by Parent - brian
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.