North Cedar Academy
Tel: (715) 532-0201
North Cedar Academy Photo #3 - Our beautiful 96 acre campus is full of opportunity to explore, learn, and connect with other students!
North Cedar Academy Photo #4 - We have many opportunities for students to engage in new and exciting activities!
North Cedar Academy Photo #6 - The girls' Dorm - a comfortable home away from home where students learn from each other and to relax at the end of the day.
- North Cedar Academy is a private domestic and international boarding school of approximately 100 students from both the U.S. and more than 10 countries worldwide.Through the unique partnership between North Cedar Academy and the University of Wisconsin -Eau Claire - Barron County, students who attend are offered a truly exceptional educational opportunity.Qualified students are involved in a one-of-a-kind program that offers the opportunity to earn our NCA high school diploma as well as an UWEC Associate`s Degree concurrently.This program puts high achieving students on a pathway to success by completing their first two years of university during high school.Small class sizes and a multitude of scheduling options allow students to gain educational, personal, and career awareness skills.Students benefit from a multi-national and multi-cultural community of students, adults, and NCA partners around the world.Working together, North Cedar Academy students and teachers create an academic and social environment where everyone learns from and respects one another.NCA is about reaching your potential, and helping others reach theirs.NCA is located in the city of Ladysmith in Rusk County, Wisconsin.Rusk County is a beautifully forested region where waterfalls are hidden in the woods and wildlife inhabits the area.Ladysmith is the hub of Rusk County, home to numerous parks, playing fields, and downtown shopping.Due to the school's close relationship with the community, our students have a variety of volunteer and service opportunities.To North Cedar Academy, safety is key.We are located less than a mile from the hospital and other emergency services are less than two miles from campus.Rusk County is proud to be one of the friendliest and safest towns in Wisconsin as well as the nation.In addition, we adhere to strict safety standards regarding student activities, building safety measures, and verification of all outside visitors.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||59 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average SAT score||1100|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,000|
|Tuition Notes||Day Students Grades 9-10: $18000 Day Students Grades 11-12: $22300Boarding Students Grades 9-10: $48000 Boarding Students Grades 11-12: $52300|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$25,000|
|Admissions Director||Bobbi Jacobs-Crouse|
|Admissions Associate||Alyssa King|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Kayaking, Soccer, Track and Field, WeightliftingBasketball, Kayaking,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||35 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
ACT Prep, Board Game Club, Chess Club, Chinese Culture Club, Cooking Club, Gaming Club, Publishing, SAT Prep, TOEFL Prep, Web Design
Arts and Music Programs:
Concert Band, Graphic Design Club, Jazz Band, Latin Dance Club, Movie Critique, Painting, Theatre
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Badminton, Basketball Teams, Bowling, Cross Country Running, Cross-Country Skiing, Downhill Skiing, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Kayaking, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting Club, Wellness Club, Yoga / Yoga Club
- The North Cedar Principle: As a student in today`s competitive and connected world, you achieve the success for which you were destined by embracing the next level, by accelerating your education, by becoming a conscientious citizen and leader of the world. The inherent opportunities at North Cedar Academy empower you to reach inside and discover your potential.The North Cedar Academy Blugold Guaranteed Transfer Program: You save valuable time and money by taking advantage of NCA`s exclusive university pathway program. Grades 9 and 10 are formative years where you adjust to campus life, make friends, join clubs, explore the region and develop study routines. Here you begin a personal development journey that includes arts, humanities, lifetime sports and service to the community. Students in grades 11 and 12 are co-enrolled in University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire-Barron County and can earn as many as 60 college credits and an Associate of Arts & Sciences degree. You will receive a transcript from UWeC for credits earned, which are transferable to other colleges and universities. Earning a minimum of 54 credits grants you guaranteed transfer into any University of Wisconsin school.Living Where You Learn: The residence hall is more than just the place where you study and sleep. It`s your home away from home, a place to hang out with your roommate, play table tennis or video games, watch television, sit around the bonfire, make new friends. The NCA residence hall is a uniquely designed five-story building overlooking the Flambeau River. It`s fully supervised - with a resident director`s apartment and office on the main level and resident assistants living on each floor - yet offers the independence you need to live your life. Special spaces include a kitchenette, computer lab, a quiet study room, and laundry facilities. All meals are served in the dining hall in the education center just a short walk up the hill.Preparing You For Success: At North Cedar, you live a life of scholarship, enrichment, service, and yes, fun. You live among friends, learning the value of personal achievement, of group dynamics, of service to others, and of the wonderful benefits of expanding your boundaries and trying new things. As a graduate, you will move on to greater challenges with the necessary skills sets to take on your future with confidence.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ladysmith Grades: PK-8 | 100 students
105 Washington Ave
Ladysmith, WI 54848
(715) 532-3232 1.5 PK-8
- Ladysmith Grades: PK-12 | 10 students
N6067 State Highway 27
Ladysmith, WI 54848
(715) 532-6306 4.1 PK-12
- Sheldon Grades: 1-9 | 32 students
N2173 Market Rd
Sheldon, WI 54766
(715) 532-5700 9.2 1-9
- Gilman Grades: 1-8 | 19 students
Gilman, WI 54433 20.3 1-8
- Kennan Grades: K-12 | 25 students
N4290 Division St
Kennan, WI 54537
(715) 474-2212 26.8 K-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?