St. Edmond's Academy
Tel: (302) 475-5370
Saint Edmond`s Academy, a Catholic, Independent school, educates the hearts and minds of boys in the Holy Cross tradition from JK to eighth grade.
Our heritage incorporates contemporary thought with individualized instruction, a challenging 21st century curriculum, and a focus on the core values of responsibility, independence, self-esteem, integrity, and a sense of community.
The program at the Academy creates a foundation for the future that empowers boys with values and skills for life.
St. Edmond's Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Delaware for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
Delaware Association of Independent Schools
International Boys' Schools Coalition
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||246 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Red polos, khaki shorts (warm weather), red blazer, tie (cold weather grades 4-8))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Juliana McClellan|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Lacrosse,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
3D Printing Club, Chess Club, Creative Writing Club, Digital Media, Geography Bee, Math League, Public Speaking, Science Olympiad Team, Student Council, Theatre Tech
Arts and Music Programs:
Academy Singers, Band Program, Jazz Band, Men's Ensemble, Spring Musical
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Saint Edmond's Academy is a Catholic, independent school for boys in Wilmington, Delaware. The Academy provides challenging, structured, skills-based, and advanced programs in a caring, nurturing, and safe environment in the unique educational tradition of the Brothers of Holy Cross. This educational tradition focuses on students' responsibility, independence, self-esteem, integrity, and sense of community, in accordance with Catholic values and integrating contemporary thought and theory on the development of boys. Students today are the future. As we shape this future through the teaching of our students at Saint Edmond's Academy, we are concerned with leading students to understand and to live Christianity; to become informed and active citizens; to be in a nurturing environment of collaboration, supported by a family spirit; to be respectful of personal, social, racial, political, religious, gender, and linguistic diversity; to participate in the life of the Church and daily dialog with faith and knowledge, faith and experience, and faith and culture; to maintain standards of excellence which are measurable; and to maintain a global perspective.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wilmington Grades: PK-K | 24 students
1401 Faulkland Road
Wilmington, DE 19805
(302) 633-1600 7 PK-K
- Wilmington Grades: PK-K | 102 students
2848 Grubb Rd
Wilmington, DE 19810
(302) 529-9259 2.6 PK-K
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.