St. Mary's Catholic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (307) 638-9268
St. Mary's Catholic School is a PreK-6th grade school that serves Cheyenne and the surrounding communities. The School is accredited through Cognia/AdvancedEd and is a member of the NCEA. The school's missions is to educate the whole child, spiritually, intellectually, and physically.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy pants, white polos, plaid skirts/jumpers)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Flag Football, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Robotics Club, Science Fair
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Choir and Band
- We believe that parents are the first teachers of their children. Together parents, students, teachers, and God work as partners in every student`s education. This partnership forms a powerful community united in the belief that Christian values and excellent academics will best prepare your child for the future. We expect our students to learn the importance of following the example of Jesus by serving others. Our rigorous and challenging academic program involves:
- - Experienced certified teachers
- - Accreditation through Cognia (formerly AdvancedEd)
- - Tuition Assistance available
- - COVID-19 19 task force and response team
- - Title I/Free & Reduced Lunch services
- - Before & After school care on sight
- - Bully-free environment!
- - Social-Emotional Learning Plan
- - Fine Arts/Music programs
- - Dynamic P.E. program that includes a climbing wall, archery & All Kids Bike program
- - Competitive sports programs & Archery competition
- - Spanish class for grades 4-6
- - Science Fair competition
- - Advanced classroom technology
- - Abundant S.T.E.M. resources and education
- - Robotics Club
- - School & community service projects
- - Small class sizes (cap of 21 students per classroom in K-6 and 16 in preschool classrooms)
- - Central location with access to the public library
- - Safe and secure campus with a state-of-the-art security system
Profile last updated:
This school is fabulous. The teachers are caring and put forth a great amount of effort to ensure that every child is loved and is learning at the ability that they are able. As a parent with 2 students, I can't believe the amount of knowledge my students have come out of St. Mary's with, they have grown so much and the Catholic environment is safe and inviting!
- Posted by Parent - Caring Mother
I have sent two of my Children to this school. Both are excelling in their classrooms. My soon to be 4th grader is reading at 6th grade level and his Math scores are what would be expected about mid year in 5th grade. My 1st grade girl jumped leaps and bounds in her ability to read while in kindergarten and is learning more all the time. The teachers keep us informed, the school has active and involved parents, and I love the Catholic environment.
- Posted by Parent - Derek
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.