Billings Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- Our vision is to provide superior Christian education consistent with Biblical principles.
- We partner with families and their churches to equip students for a lifetime pursuit of excellence and integrity under the Lordship of Christ.
- Within a safe, loving, and enriching environment, students will discover their individual gifts and talents; develop intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, and physically; and impact the world through their leadership, integrity, and Biblical worldview.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||276 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Literature, Calculus, Dual-credit college courses, Physics|
|Average SAT score||1240|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,890|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool - $2150 to 3810 depending on age and number of days Elementary - $5390 Junior High - $5690 High School - $5890|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Diann Floth, Head of School|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Chess Club, Honor Society
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, K-12th Art, Orchestra
- We adopt a God-centered view of life - wisdom and knowledge are centered in God, rather than in man. Therefore, our goal is to develop godly characteristics in students based on Biblical morals and values. At the same time, we provide an environment and a program that encourages each child to develop to his/her maximum potential. Cornerstone Community Church started Billings Christian School in August, 1981 with 42 students. At that time, the church and school were located at 1116 Grand Avenue. Traditional classes were held for grades kindergarten through the third grade during the first year. Because of requests for additional grades, an individualized program was approved for grades four through ten for the second year of the school`s history. By the third year, 118 students were enrolled in grades K-12 in traditional classes. In 1987, the church and school relocated to its present site on nearly 11 acres of land. The school became its own 501 (c)(3) tax exempt organization on October 26, 2006. The corporation is known as Billings Christian School and is non-denominational. The tax exempt corporation is governed by an independent Board of Directors who represent a cross section of evangelical churches from the greater Billings area. The corporation leases space from Cornerstone Community Church in order to provide facilities for its K-12 instructional programs. The Schools engage actively in fund raising endeavors. The highlight of the fund raising activity is the annual spring banquet and auction. Keynote speakers in the past for this event include Tim Tebow, Bobby Bowden, Dave Dravecky, A.C. Green, Kurt Warner, Oliver North, Michael Reagan & Andy Andrews. In January 2005, the Big Sky Youth Education Foundation was established to create endowments, generate funds for special projects, and provide scholarships for students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Billings Grades: PK-2 | 291 students
511 Custer Ave
Billings, MT 59101
(406)259-6421 4.9 PK-2
- Billings Grades: PK-8 | 70 students
2336 Saint Johns Ave
Billings, MT 59102
(406)656-6687 2.8 PK-8
My experiences at this school helped shape who I am today. Due to the Small teacher to student ratio, I was able to get extra help when needed. I also played Volleyball and Basketball at BCS. I played on the varsity squad, made first team all state, and had several great coaches to further my skills, which led to playing collegiate sports. Once again I cannot say enough about the teachers and faculty there. They are caring, dedicated, and highly educated. I highly recommend this school
- Posted by Student/Alumni - t445
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.