Children's Community School
Our Mission is to provide a nurturing and challenging Montessori educational environment for children ages 18 months to 6 years old in which children explore the world and their place in it through hands-on learning experiences and positive social interactions that reinforce the knowledge and skills essential for independent thinking, resourceful problem-solving, active citizenship and life-long learning.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Students: 79 students
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
- Serving our community since 1976, C.C.S. has an experienced and nurturing staff, a beautifully designed and developed learning environment, and the honor of having positively impacted the lives of thousands of families in our area. We are proud to be accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and are immersed in the holistic learning method that Montessori embraces. Montessori is a method of observing and supporting the natural development of children. Montessori educational practice helps children develop concentration, coordination, independence, positive self-esteem, creativity, problem-solving and critical-thinking skills. We aim to inspire children to become good citizens who contribute to society and the environment, and to become fulfilled persons in their particular time and place on Earth. Our flexible scheduling can accommodate the needs of most families. we have two-, three- and five-day morning programs for toddlers. For pre-school and kindergarten students, we offer three-, four- and five-day programs for morning, afternoon or both. Specific information about our school, our programs, Montessori method, our teachers and our class times can be found on our website, CCSMontessori.org.
Endorse Children's Community School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.