Children's Community School
- Our Mission is to provide a nurturing and challenging Montessori educational environment for children ages 18 months to 6 years old in which children explore the world and their place in it through hands-on learning experiences and positive social interactions that reinforce the knowledge and skills essential for independent thinking, resourceful problem-solving, active citizenship and life-long learning.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||79 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Serving our community since 1976, C.C.S. has an experienced and nurturing staff, a beautifully designed and developed learning environment, and the honor of having positively impacted the lives of thousands of families in our area. We are proud to be accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and are immersed in the holistic learning method that Montessori embraces. Montessori is a method of observing and supporting the natural development of children. Montessori educational practice helps children develop concentration, coordination, independence, positive self-esteem, creativity, problem-solving and critical-thinking skills. We aim to inspire children to become good citizens who contribute to society and the environment, and to become fulfilled persons in their particular time and place on Earth. Our flexible scheduling can accommodate the needs of most families. we have two-, three- and five-day morning programs for toddlers. For pre-school and kindergarten students, we offer three-, four- and five-day programs for morning, afternoon or both. Specific information about our school, our programs, Montessori method, our teachers and our class times can be found on our website, CCSMontessori.org.
- People that viewed Children's Community School also viewed these schools: Madison Community Montessori School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Middleton Grades: NS-8 | 197 students
8406 Ellington Way
Middleton, WI 53562
(608)827-6267 11.7 NS-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.