St. Ambrose Academy
A Catholic middle school and high school using classical education methods of Socratic dialogue, and original source documents.
- Top Ranked WI School
- Grades: 6-12
- Students: 96 students
- Yearly Tuition: $5,400
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 30%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Advanced Calculus, Advanced Chemistry, Biology
Average ACT score
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Significant tuition reductions for multiple students enrolled from same family.
% on Financial Aid
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Drama, Forensics, Student Council
- The St. Ambrose curriculum is designed to provide an outstanding foundation in the critical academic disciplines of math, science, history, literature, logic, rhetoric, composition, and language, crowned by regular study of and growth in the Faith. Our approach to learning includes in-depth study of the classical works of the western world and the great works of Christendom. Our religion studies focus on the analysis and understanding of the Scriptures and significant Church documents (such as papal encyclicals and the Catechism). Our classes revolve around discussion, debate, presentations, and regular papers. A Classical Education is Accessible! Our dedicated faculty use a variety of methods to give our students the tools they need to master our curriculum with an enthusiasm that comes from true understanding of the profound ideas of the ages. Works are studied in an introductory manner suited to the intellectual capacity of the students; students are not expected to display exceptional ability or college-level understanding. One of the characteristics of "great books" is that they are accessible, like Sacred Scripture, on a wide variety of levels. One needs no specialized training to see their beauty and experience their power.
Endorse St. Ambrose Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.