University Lake School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (262) 367-6011
University Lake School is an independent day school offering JK3 through 12th grade in Hartland, Wisconsin.
ULS delivers an incomparable education through the pursuit of academic excellence and the development of the whole student in a unique learning environment that fosters intellectual curiosity, original thinking, personal integrity and character through service.
ULS is reimagined as an educational innovator empowering students to lead and thrive in a global community.
Our school provides a dynamic and rigorous curriculum that challenges the whole student by integrating innovative academic, leadership, athletic, artistic, and service learning experiences within a vibrant and joyful community.
Here, curiosity is rewarded, academia is expressed in and out of the classroom, and students have the opportunity to engage across a wide range of extracurricular activities on a stunning 180-acre campus.
University Lake School places among the top 20% of private schools in Wisconsin for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||267 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Economics, AP English Composition, AP English Literature, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Portfolio Art, AP Spanish, AP US History, AP World History|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Preprimary JK3, JK4, SK5 $6,425 - $13,875 depending on session selected. 1st - 4th Grade $17,125 5th - 7th Grade $18,200 8th - 12th Grade $19,550|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Angie Wenger|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Diving, Field Hockey,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Laker Service Club, Math Olympiad, Math Team, Student Government, Trig-Star Contest
Arts and Music Programs:
Gang Green (Literary Arts Magazine), Handbell Choir, Musical Theater Production, Play Production
- ULS is an educational innovator. We strive to empower students who will lead and thrive in a global community. ULS students are continually challenged through a college preparatory design that raises the level of structure and rigor as they develop across academic divisions. On this inspiring campus, we live and breathe authentic learning through student-led research, work production and presentation. Student and teacher voices blend in harmony to bring learning and conversations to life. Here, you will find...
- Personal Attention: ULS students thrive as a result of the individualized attention they receive from our attentive faculty. Students and teachers often build strong relationships that start in our classrooms and last long after graduation.
- Character Building & Leadership: Team-building activities, leadership curriculum and service projects instill solid character traits that last a lifetime. Character through service is one of the Branches of the Pine, an ongoing focus for student development.
- Integrated Learning: Students build upon their academic knowledge and are challenged to apply their understanding to new situations. Our curriculum integrates fine arts, foreign language, technology and physical education across all divisions.
- Outdoor Experience: Our expansive 180-acre campus is the ultimate outdoor classroom. From forest studies and nature observation to tapping maple trees, students in all grade levels experience learning through nature. Learn more about our campus.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waukesha Grades: PK-8 | 252 students
2600 Summit Ave
Waukesha, WI 53188
(262) 547-2545 7.8 PK-8
- Hartland Grades: 9-12 | 325 students
401 Campus Drive
Hartland, WI 53029
(262) 367-8600 1.4 9-12
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-12 | 1107 students
2100 W Fairy Chasm Rd
Milwaukee, WI 53217
(414) 352-6000 23.3 PK-12
- Oconomowoc Grades: PK-8 | 174 students
1650 Brown Street
Oconomowoc, WI 53066
(262) 912-6364 4.9 PK-8
- Oconomowoc Grades: PK-8 | 158 students
210 E Pleasant St
Oconomowoc, WI 53066
(262) 567-5001 5.8 PK-8
My kid's education is simply amazing. If they stay the course, they have the ability to get into any college in the country. In addition, they enjoy going. We have so many other good options for education. ULS is simply a notch above.
- Posted by Parent - andyg
Fabulous school. Great teachers. Focused on creating well-rounded individuals: academics, sports, arts and more importantly, respectfulness, community service, leadership - those soft skills that really make a person successful in life. College guidance program is exceptional.
- Posted by Parent - lori.
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.