Lake Country Montessori
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (262) 367-6595
Lake Country Montessori is unique in the Lake Country area as we provide a true Montessori environment to children aging from 18 months to 6 years. Children experience sensitive periods, or windows of opportunity. We match appropriate lessons and materials to these sensitive periods when learning is most naturally absorbed and internalized.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Association Montessori International (AMI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||53 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Visit our website for tuition rates www.lcmschool.org/|
- Lake Country Montessori was founded in 2001 and offers daycare, preschool and kindergarten education programs to communities in Lake Country, Wisconsin, including Hartland, Pewaukee, Delafield, Oconomowoc, Waukesha and surrounding areas.
- Our school was founded on the principles of Montessori education as established by Dr. Maria Montessori. We believe in helping the child gain as much Independence as possible, caring for both himself and others in his environment. The child directs his own activities, choosing his work throughout the morning. The teacher, in turn, guides each child to reach his potential and become his best self. He gains confidence, responsibility, concentration, self-discipline, compassion and an awareness of the world around him.
- Summer Day-Long Montessori Enrichment Program - Children are offered a variety of Montessori materials and enrichment activities with weekly themes, including gardening, nutrition and our environment, while supervised by Montessori-trained teachers.
- Toddler Program (18 to 36 months) - Our beautifully designed toddler environment allows movement, encourages independence and reinforces language development. With a low teacher to child ratio, our teachers and assistants observe and work with the children, providing guidance as the toddlers develop self-help skills.
- Children's House Program (3 to 6) - Children's House is the Montessori term for the 3-6-year-old classroom because the carefully prepared environment for these children includes much more than just class work. It is, in fact, a small version of the world, scaled down to the child's age and ability level. Work in the Children's House includes everything from multiplication to dishwashing and from buttoning a coat to understanding the meaning of the word verb. Before and After-school care is available.
- Daycare Program - This is a full-day program and is available year round.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Lake Country Montessori is University Lake School (1.4 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hartland Grades: 9-12 | 325 students
401 Campus Drive
Hartland, WI 53029
(262) 367-8600 1.7 9-12
- Hartland Grades: PK-8 | 277 students
526 Renson Rd
Hartland, WI 53029
(262) 367-2040 2 PK-8
- Delafield Grades: NS-PK
3175 Hillside Dr
Delafield, WI 53018
(262) 646-5112 2.5 NS-PK
We feel blessed to have found this school for our son. He has one of the top Montessori teachers in the area, and he is thriving under her care and guidance. He loves to go to school and the type of advanced work he’s doing just astonishes me—and I chalk it up to the great staff and school. I highly recommend it.
- Posted by Parent - maggi
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.