St Matthew Lutheran School
- St. Matthew`s Lutheran School is fully accredited by Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod School Accreditation (WELSSA). Validation of the quality of education offered at St. Matthew`s is also given by the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA).
- St.Matthew`s Lutheran School is also part of the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program.
- The WELS school system is the fourth largest private school system in America.
- St. Matthew's Lutheran School enrolls children from the community in all of its grade levels (3K-Grade 8).
- St. Matthew's moved into a brand new facility on Brown Street in Oconomowoc in September of 2018!
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod School Accreditation (WELSSA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Most learning difficulties can be addressed by our experienced staff.|
|Total Students||174 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
("Clean and modestly dressed")
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,500|
|Tuition Notes||Grants, subsidies, and tuition assistance are available.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Eric W. Ziel|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chess Club, Robotics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Choir, handchimes
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- St. Matthew`s Lutheran School offers a full academic curriculum. All subjects are taught in accordance with the full conviction that the Bible is God`s true Word and the final authority for all matters that pertain to Christian teaching, faith, and life.
- The school`s philosophy is firmly centered on two central teachings of the Bible: the Law, which shows us our sin; and the Gospel that shows us our Savior. The Holy Spirit works through the Law to bring us to aknowledge of our sins and the need for a Savior. The Holy Spirit works through the Gospel to create andsustain saving faith in the Savior that God sent: Jesus Christ.
- Through faith in the Gospel, the students of St. Matthew`s Lutheran School are motivated to express their love for Jesus in their worship life, through their daily conduct and in response to the Savior`s commission to "preach the Gospel to every creature," and lead others to a saving faith in Christ.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oconomowoc Grades: K-8 | 151 students
210 E Pleasant St
Oconomowoc, WI 53066
(262)567-5001 2.5 K-8
- Dousman Grades: PK-8 | 105 students
246 W Ottawa Avenue
Dousman, WI 53118
(262)965-2291 8.9 PK-8
- Pewaukee Grades: PK-8 | 144 students
N14w29143 Silvernail Rd
Pewaukee, WI 53072
(262)646-7497 10 PK-8
- Oconomowoc Grades: 2-12 | 140 students
36100 Genesee Lake Rd
Oconomowoc, WI 53066
(262)569-5510 6.3 2-12
Here is an overview of the private school admissions process, as well as the steps needed to find the right private school for your child.
What do teachers earn? Teachers' salaries vary from state to state, indeed, from school to school.
Contract cheating is more common than most of us realize. Finding somebody online to write essays or term papers is fairly easy to do. The way we parents counter immoral behavior like this is to discuss it frequently with our children.