St Matthew Lutheran School
- St. Matthew`s Lutheran School is fully accredited by Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod School Accreditation (WELSSA). Validation of the quality of education offered at St. Matthew`s is also given by the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA).
- St.Matthew`s Lutheran School is also part of the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program.
- The WELS school system is the fourth largest private school system in America.
- St. Matthew's Lutheran School enrolls children from the community in all of its grade levels (3K-Grade 8).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod School Accreditation (WELSSA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Clean and modestly dressed)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 12|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,100|
|Tuition Notes||Grants, subsidies, and tuition assistance are available.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Eric W. Ziel|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Softball,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- St. Matthew`s Lutheran School offers a full academic curriculum. All subjects are taught in accordance with the full conviction that the Bible is God`s true Word and the final authority for all matters that pertain to Christian teaching, faith, and life.
- The school`s philosophy is firmly centered on two central teachings of the Bible: the Law, which shows us our sin; and the Gospel that shows us our Savior. The Holy Spirit works through the Law to bring us to aknowledge of our sins and the need for a Savior. The Holy Spirit works through the Gospel to create andsustain saving faith in the Savior that God sent: Jesus Christ.
- Through faith in the Gospel, the students of St. Matthew`s Lutheran School are motivated to express their love for Jesus in their worship life, through their daily conduct and in response to the Savior`s commission to "preach the Gospel to every creature," and lead others to a saving faith in Christ.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- OconomowocGrades: K-9 | 149 students
210 E Pleasant St
Oconomowoc, WI 53066
- PewaukeeGrades: NS-8 | 161 students
N14w29143 Silvernail Rd
Pewaukee, WI 53072
- DousmanGrades: PK-8 | 90 students
246 W Ottawa Avenue
Dousman, WI 53118
- SussexGrades: PK-8 | 23 students
W240n6145 Maple Avenue
Sussex, WI 53089
- MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 590 students
Po Box 090095
Milwaukee, WI 53209
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.