St Matthew Lutheran School
- St. Matthew`s Lutheran School is fully accredited by Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod School Accreditation (WELSSA). Validation of the quality of education offered at St. Matthew`s is also given by the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA).
- St.Matthew`s Lutheran School is also part of the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program.
- The WELS school system is the fourth largest private school system in America.
- St. Matthew's Lutheran School enrolls children from the community in all of its grade levels (3K-Grade 8).
- St. Matthew's moved into a brand new facility on Brown Street in Oconomowoc in September of 2018!
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod School Accreditation (WELSSA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Most learning difficulties can be addressed by our experienced staff.|
|Total Students||174 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
("Clean and modestly dressed")
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,500|
|Tuition Notes||Grants, subsidies, and tuition assistance are available.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Eric W. Ziel|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chess Club, Robotics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Choir, handchimes
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- St. Matthew`s Lutheran School offers a full academic curriculum. All subjects are taught in accordance with the full conviction that the Bible is God`s true Word and the final authority for all matters that pertain to Christian teaching, faith, and life.
- The school`s philosophy is firmly centered on two central teachings of the Bible: the Law, which shows us our sin; and the Gospel that shows us our Savior. The Holy Spirit works through the Law to bring us to aknowledge of our sins and the need for a Savior. The Holy Spirit works through the Gospel to create andsustain saving faith in the Savior that God sent: Jesus Christ.
- Through faith in the Gospel, the students of St. Matthew`s Lutheran School are motivated to express their love for Jesus in their worship life, through their daily conduct and in response to the Savior`s commission to "preach the Gospel to every creature," and lead others to a saving faith in Christ.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oconomowoc Grades: PK-8 | 158 students
210 E Pleasant St
Oconomowoc, WI 53066
(262)567-5001 2.5 PK-8
- Dousman Grades: PK-8 | 105 students
246 W Ottawa Avenue
Dousman, WI 53118
(262)965-2291 8.9 PK-8
- Pewaukee Grades: PK-8 | 144 students
N14w29143 Silvernail Rd
Pewaukee, WI 53072
(262)646-7497 10 PK-8
- Oconomowoc Grades: 2-12 | 124 students
36100 Genesee Lake Rd
Oconomowoc, WI 53066
(262)569-5510 6.3 2-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.