English Lutheran School (Closed 2014)
Mission Statement: United by God's Word, we open our hearts to share the good news of life through Jesus as we serve families in nurturing and equipping their children as disciples of Christ for this life and the life to come.
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
- Our school carries out its mission by offering high quality Christ-centered education to its students. In so doing, it carries out God’s great commission to "Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." Matthew 28:19-20
- Our school also assists parents in the training and instruction of their children, a responsibility God gives parents when he says, "Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord." Ephesians 6:4 Our school carries out God’s command to "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6
- In fulfilling its purpose, our school:
- Instructs students in the Word of God as found in the Bible to believe in Jesus as their Savior.
- Teaches all subjects in the light of God’s Word.
- Trains students to live foremost as Christians and also as good citizens.
- Provides students the opportunity for daily fellowship with other Christians in a warm and caring environment.
- Works closely with parents to prepare students spiritually, intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically for lives of Christian service.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of English Lutheran School?
The acceptance rate of English Lutheran School is 99%, which is higher than the national average of 93%.
What sports does English Lutheran School offer?
English Lutheran School offers 3 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country and Track and Field.
When is the application deadline for English Lutheran School?
The application deadline for English Lutheran School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.