Horizon High School
- Horizon High School's mission is to provide a school that fosters emotional, social and academic growth for students who want to learn in an alcohol-free, drug-free environment.
- Students will actively assume responsibility in creating their own safe and nourishing community.
- Horizon High School is an emotional growth, recovery high school.
- The Horizon High School curriculum integrates interest groups and differentiates students based upon their career goals and academic needs.
- Institutional approaches focus on discussion and hands-on rather than busy-work.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Madison Grades: K-12 | 257 students
4901 E Buckeye Road
Madison, WI 53716
(608)221-1520 5.2 K-12
- Madison Grades: 1-12 | 37 students
2323 Portage Rd
Madison, WI 53704
(608)249-0941 5.8 1-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.