Horizon High School
- Horizon High School's mission is to provide a school that fosters emotional, social and academic growth for students who want to learn in an alcohol-free, drug-free environment.
- Students will actively assume responsibility in creating their own safe and nourishing community.
- Horizon High School is an emotional growth, recovery high school.
- The Horizon High School curriculum integrates interest groups and differentiates students based upon their career goals and academic needs.
- Institutional approaches focus on discussion and hands-on rather than busy-work.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Madison Grades: K-12 | 252 students
4901 E Buckeye Road
Madison, WI 53716
(608)221-1520 5.2 K-12
- Madison Grades: 1-12 | 37 students
2323 Portage Rd
Madison, WI 53704
(608)249-0941 5.8 1-12
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.