Abundant Life Christian School
- Mission Statement: Abundant Life Christian School's mission is to develop students who are committed disciples of Jesus Christ through an excellent, comprehensive, Biblically-integrated educational program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||257 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Math, Advanced Physics and Chemistry, Calculus, English Literature and Composition, European History, U. S. History, US Government|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Modesty-based Dress Code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,900|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates are different for high school. $6,900 is for K-8 only.|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Patty Ferge|
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Lesly Verbeten|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
ACT-ALCS Challenges Trafficking, Bible Study, Book Club, Drama Club, National Honor Society, Pep Club, Sign Crew, Student Ambassadors, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Chapel Tech Team, Drama productions, Solo & Ensemble Opportunities, Worship Team
- Abundant Life Christian School History - Abundant Life Christian School was founded in 1978 as a community Christian school. Our first graduating class was in 1985. ALCS was specifically organized to offer students academic excellence in a Christ-focused context. ALCS offers grades Kindergarten through 12th grade.
- Students - Approximately 160 families from some 50 different churches in the greater Dane County area including metropolitan Madison and its surrounding communities are represented in the student body. ALCS has a wide range of racial/ethnic and socio-economic diversity within our student body.
- School Environment - ALCS offers large-school opportunities in a small-school setting. With smaller class sizes, a warm and respectful atmosphere, and a student body representing a wide variety of different area churches, there is a familiar face around every corner.
- Campus - Our modern facility offers up-to-date classrooms, a library media center, science & two computer labs, an art room, band and music rooms, two gymnasiums, and a recently renovated weight room. The 28-acre campus provides ample space for athletic fields, play areas, and available parking.
- Parents - ALCS nurtures the relationship between parent, child, and school. Parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged. We offer ParentsWeb, a secure intranet allowing parents web-based access to their student`s information and progress. ParentsWeb allows families to manage their child`s personal information and emergency contacts as well as providing access to schedules, grades, and progress reports. ParentsWeb allows parents to monitor their family`s lunch account as well as classroom web pages where teachers can post announcements, homework reminders, and other student/parent resources.
- Faculty - Faculty members hold degrees at both undergraduate and graduate levels and are committed to providing quality Christian education.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Madison Grades: PK-8 | 140 students
2310 Independence Lane
Madison, WI 53704
(608) 244-3045 3.9 PK-8
- Madison Grades: NS-5
4560 Rustic Drive
Madison, WI 53718
(608) 658-9121 2.2 NS-5
- Madison Grades: K-8 | 269 students
5454 Gunflint Trl
Madison, WI 53711
(608) 273-0309 7.7 K-8
- Madison Grades: K-8 | 291 students
829 Edgewood College Dr
Madison, WI 53711
(608) 663-4100 6.3 K-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.