Inwood Christian School is a non-public parent-controlled school that offers quality Christian education for children whose parents believe that God is the Lord of the universe and of our lives. Inwood Christian offers education from a Christian perspective by Christian teachers to students in grades Kindergarten through eighth grade.
Christian Education presents a God-centered pattern for life. It is a wholehearted commitment to the proposition that all things are of God, through God, and unto God.
From this basic declaration arises the existence of Christian Education at Inwood Christian School.
It colors and controls all the various factors that make up the educational process for preparing and educating the whole child.
With this in mind, we present nine statements which define the philosophy of education at ICS. The mission of Inwood Christian School is to develop in each unique child of God the knowledge and understanding of Christ and His Creation, through an academically-sound, Biblically-directed curriculum, so that each can live as a distinctive Christian, serving Him in work and play.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 61 students
- Yearly Tuition: $4,000
- Average class size: 5 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 17%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
no jeans except on "Blue Jean Day"
no jeans except on "Blue Jean Day"
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Sheri Vander Veen
- Inwood Christian School is a non-public parent-controlled school that offers quality Christian education for children whose parents believe that God is the Lord of the universe and of our lives. Inwood Christian offers education from a Christian perspective by Christian teachers to students in grades Kindergarten-8th grade. We are accreditated by Christian Schools International as well as the State of Iowa. The mission of Inwood Christian School is to provide an atmosphere in which each unique child of God is challenged both academically and Biblically to live as a Christian, serving Him in all areas of life.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Inwood Christian School cost?
Inwood Christian School's tuition is approximately $4,000 for private students.
What sports does Inwood Christian School offer?
Inwood Christian School offers 4 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Soccer, Softball and Volleyball.
When is the application deadline for Inwood Christian School?
The application deadline for Inwood Christian School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Inwood Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
The Evolution of Early Reading Strategies for Children
Explore the journey of early reading strategies from the 17th century to the present day, uncovering the evolution of tools, methods, and technologies that have shaped how children learn to read. This article delves into the historical milestones and contemporary approaches that offer a fascinating look at literacy development in children.
The Evolution of School Choice: A Focus on Vouchers
Explore the history and evolution of school choice, focusing on vouchers. This article provides an in-depth analysis of vouchers' origins, growth, benefits, and criticisms as part of the broader school choice movement, along with a look at current trends and future outlook.
August 11, 2023Admissions Matters: Following Up, The Competition, & Deadlines
Navigating the complex landscape of private high school admissions requires expertise and insight. This article delves into essential areas that every school should master: inquiry follow-up, standing out in a competitive market, and choosing between rolling admissions and fixed admissions deadlines.